• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

84 m1009 cucv chevy blazer build-up

2INSANE

Update. Rear suspension. So yea, after picking up the 64" stock rear springs from an 88 chevy 2wd truck and mocked them up, the shop relocated the stock rear front spring hanger down 2" and forward at an angle as close as he could get to the body mount. Taking the middle bolt hole on the hanger and lining it up with the bottom frame hanger hole and tilted it forward. He is going to weild it up.

Attachments

Last edited:

2INSANE

[
can you post some pics of her sitting level!! She Looks awesome thats a lot of flex!!!
thanks!

All I can say is WOW! Must be nice to have that kind of $$$$$$$$$$$ to be able to do something like that. Mine will stay relatively stock but with A/C and alot of other stuff listed on my build.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/80726-epartsmans-m1009-build-new-post.html
I'm not rich. It's been sitting in the shop for over a year. One upgrade at a time:) Saving and spending.

Very cool! What is the plan for drive train?
So far I have no future plans. It depends on how well she performs on the trails. Maybe an Atlas down the road but buy that time it would be truggy time, you know what I mean! Lol!

Last edited:

TXM1009

It looks great. I have a couple sets of 56" 1 ton springs I am think about using on my 1009. I am curious to see how your ride turns out. Off to a great start.

TXM1009

Has any one made a pair of zero rates out of the big overload spring on the bottom of the rear springs? I know on the pair that I have apart now that spring is about 7/8" thick. Does anyone other than ORD make a part like their zero rate?

2INSANE

Funny... The shop told me today that when they did the flex test, that's as high as the forklift could go and there's a lot more flex in her. I need a ramp test! Lol!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks