• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

8V92 Coughs but Won't Start (SOLVED!)

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unit injector engines all have some type of back pressure control. The 71 series Detroits used a drilled orifice in the return line adapter fitting. Other engines may use an actual regulating valve. I think they used to call it an R80 fitting.
Yea my 60 series four stroke has the restricting orifice on back of head and return line. The nice thing on my 915A2 they installed a rubber ball primer fuel filter block. I always pump up the ball before I even try and start.

Last edited:

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if it's because the last thing I was doing with the truck was donuts in a snow covered parking lot. Maybe that whipped the fuel around too much?

It had never done it before...
If your fuel level was low while you were doing that it sure could uncovered the stand pipe to introduce air into the system. If that possibly the case.

The answer is keep more fuel in the tanks. Don't stop doing donuts sometimes. Lol.

Ajax MD

I wonder if it's because the last thing I was doing with the truck was donuts in a snow covered parking lot. Maybe that whipped the fuel around too much?

It had never done it before...
You...did doughnuts in an 8x8WD tanker truck??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks