• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A not-so-funny story (hz)

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The quick synopsis... been dealing with a potential buyer of a machine of mine locally. He decided to look elsewhere, and informed me that he bought a unit for $1k (Reset, 400 hours), which is substantially less than the mint 803 I am offering. Tis OK, part of the dance.

I have tried to be as helpful as possible in all of my dealings with potential buyers, in making sure they not only buy whats best for their needs, but also going up and above in offering tips and advice.

Not even an hour after he informed me of his move, he reached back out and said he might have made a thousand dollar mistake. Seems he picked up an 813.... whoops. I feel bad for the guy (I feel even worse though for whomever bought an 813 out of GA last week for $3200!).

I did mention that he might be able to move it out for someone looking for parts, or to even part it out himself. I wonder how fast the seller of the 400hz machine ran to the bank with his money...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just about the only useful thing is the motor. When I swapped from 400hz to 60hz, the motor was the oonly thing I didn't swap out!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PM me with your info, and what you are asking. I will be happy to pass it on and see if you two can figure something out. He didn't buy a thing from me, but its not always about that.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gent I was working with, I believe has reached out to you already Evi Dr... so thats great.

dav5

There are lots of components that are common with the 803a if he parts it out. For instance I bought a fault panel from Daybreak for my old 803a that came off a mint 813

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are lots of components that are common with the 803a if he parts it out. For instance I bought a fault panel from Daybreak for my old 803a that came off a mint 813
I did tell him that. Based on how many machines I have seen hit the auction blocks with destroyed or missing sheet metal... I think he could make up the grand on just metal parts, let alone the engine or gauge controls.

Bmxenbrett

Wow i guess thats whats keeps the only want to wright a check people away. But for the unknowing person it sucks..also drives up the price somewhat for the rest of us.
Has any one else noticed 802/3 drying up at auctions? Oh does have like 59 some sets but thats to far for me.

Guyfang

Staff member
As a nice gesture, you could take that useless old -813A off his hands for 200 bucks, and then he won't have to worry about what to do with the leftovers.

Let the buyer beware! Wonderful saying, that.

There is something to be said for reading the fine print. And two or three times can't hurt also!!

NATCAD

Wow i guess thats whats keeps the only want to wright a check people away. But for the unknowing person it sucks..also drives up the price somewhat for the rest of us.
Has any one else noticed 802/3 drying up at auctions? Oh does have like 59 some sets but thats to far for me.
pm me if you need help getting a quote to deliver to you. Probably about $800-900$ per set.

Triple Jim

That, or they don't understand the meaning of Hz and figure more is probably better. :-(
I've come across this a lot. It's not difficult to find a beginner's tutorial on electricity and read it a few times, but some people would rather just say, "I'm good with mechanical stuff, but I just don't understand electricity."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks