• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A not-so-funny story (hz)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dr., after meeting you guys up at Kip's, I am not surprised at the exchange of texts.

To quote Patrick Warburton, "well played"

Bwaaaaahahahaha. lmfao!

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop it!!!!!! 163 people bid on it? And we, as a nation went to the moon?
Howdy,
Well, officially, it could have been 2-3 people bidding it up against each other. Either way, a total of 163 bids placed which I believe are like $25 or more increments.

But, a total of 18 400Hz units have been sold in the last few months...

I wonder if the new owner will cruise into the forum wondering what to do with it? :twisted:

I only bought a 400Hz unit just for the parts I needed. The unit runs great and loads up the load bank good. That's ok, the price paid is less than the price for all the engine parts, wires, DCS and body panels it gives me. :) (MEP-1031 5kw 400Hz AMMPS)

You do have to admit, they are a great source of panels and parts at the right price.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So before this thread was started I received 4 PMs in a row from a new SS member. Told me to call or text him in the morning. I sent him a PM right back with my info. He called me in the morning and I told him everything I know about the genset I've got in the classifieds.

Such as...
It belongs to a friend's widow and all I know about it is what I was told back when my friend first acquired it down South. It came off a 20ft reefer box and apparently the exhaust cover was either up or missing completely so the engine took in some water. The exhaust was removed and never made it back north. Other than that it was all there. Sheet metal all good, engine otherwise complete, gauges all there, 700 hours, etc. Untested but it all looks good. Price was firm at $500 which I think I could easily get if I parted it out.

He was supposed to show up earlier this week but couldn't make it due to "weather". I made plans for the day but no big deal, it happens. He wanted to show up Saturday but I was in NY today. He said it was Saturday or at least a couple weeks of waiting. After assuring him I was "certain" I'd be out of town he said he'd show up Sunday. While on the road back from NY he decided to try the old "take it or leave it" negotiating tactic to save $100... even though we both knew the deal and planned for Sunday.

View attachment 700834View attachment 700835View attachment 700836
I won't include his next text but for someone who wasn't going to be buying it he seemed rather bothered that I wouldn't sell it to him anyway.:???:
Pretty sure it was this killer sales negotiation technique that got him into this predicament.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now this degenerate is reporting my ads as violation of CL ToS... what a petty woman.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To save anyone else from the aggravation of dealing with this guy, his phone number is 508-631-8900 (Anthony Olivieri). Folks don't realize how small the world really is...[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can sleep well knowing that I tried to help the guy, and all I get in return is high school girl drama from a grown ass man.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I usually list stuff for the price I want for it. If someone wants it, fine. If someone thinks it's too high, that's fine too. My friend who owned the generator would not negotiate on his prices either, and those who knew him well knew you'd be better off not asking him to. If I'm willing to take less for an item I already know what the bottom line is.

The potential buyer's need for the item, driving distance, etc. does not give them a better or worse deal. Showing up excessively late without letting me know, not showing up at all without letting me know, complaining about the price or long drive as a negotiating tactic, etc. will probably not help get a lower price. Acting like a normal person and being able to read an ad, look at pictures, and show up on time is the best way to get a lower price.

I've got better things to do than deal with bad buyers, especially when it's not even my own stuff I'm dealing with them on.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
To save anyone else from the aggravation of dealing with this guy, his phone number is 508-631-8900 (Anthony Olivieri). Folks don't realize how small the world really is....
SS username is Hayabusa.

I can sleep well knowing that I tried to help the guy, and all I get in return is high school girl drama from a grown ass man.
His last text to me: "Good thing you're up there you Vermont homosexual!"
rofl
This dude is 50 years old and that's the best he's got. Sad.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He's there. His personal data indicates he's from East Bridgewater, MA. That jives with his phone number area code.

That's all I got. I'll take off my Sherlock Holmes replica hat now.

Rick

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ahh, i am dumb, forgot the members list, I was trying to use the search feature

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stop it!!!!!! 163 people bid on it? And we, as a nation went to the moon?
It counts anyone who bit the opening minimum before the auction started. I don't know what it was for this unit, but I can easily see a low enough bid I'd gladly have bought a spare engine and parts for.

m32825

What bothers me the most is Not the single person that Bought the genset, but the 163 people that Tried to buy it....
These are used with helicopters, right? I think I got it figured out... You've probably heard about the increase in "helicopter parenting", anyone with kids knows how much energy it takes to raise them, maybe these parents are looking for supplemental power!

:naner:

Man, I wish that would work...

Guyfang

Staff member
Well, I was going to post, "what can you expect from a yankee". But, lots of you guys are from yankee land, and are good guys. So will have to strike that from my vocabulary. lets see now, something kinder, more friendly. Oh well, will come up with something sooner or later.

Guyfang

Staff member

View attachment 700884View attachment 700885View attachment 700886View attachment 700887View attachment 700888
You know, I read the whole shabang, and just have to say, you were nice, helpful, understanding and patient. It's just sad to hear some butt head turn on someone like he did. AND, sadly, the fool cant just change the head and have a 60 hertz gen set. There are several other things he needs to do. Like the wire harness, like several major components in the control panel. And I don't think the fella is smart enough to figure out how to find out just what needs to be changed. Like John Wayne once said, "life is tough, and its even tougher, when your dumb".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks