• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 wheels on an A2 Deuce mounting ?s

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, with the style of rims that A3s use, I doubt it would work very well.

When you put the tires on the rim and get ready to seat the bead, put a ratchet strap on the tire and sinch it down, that will push the sidewall out to help seat the bead. The bead usually seats about 25-30psi.

I got one tire mounted guys but the rubber o ring type tool Av8or lent me would nt pop off like its supposed to. The tire is stamped 95psi. I aired tire back down and need some advice. Thanks

tobyS

Caution...don't air it up with the strap around it, if that's how you set the bead.

I will try to work on it tomorrow again. I dismounted the tires with ease from stock wheels with a angled bead breaker and some pry bars from northern tool took my son and I about 10mins to do.

tobyS

Your problem with a tube would be the valve stem. No worky without modifying the rims.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I also wonder if putting a couple "pull tabs" on that tool/gasket thing might help.

I'd try mounting the tire normally first though.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you need this. Slicker than you know what.
Or equivalent.
View attachment 722522

I've used those tire bead seating O-rings with other truck tires, and with this stuff they pop right out
I'll second this endorsement. I had never seen it before a couple of weeks ago. I had the shop up the road mount a 14.00 before my latest trip and they used this stuff. It worked great. I'll be buying some before I work with any more bolt together rims.

OK I finally got the tire mounted. I couldn't get the Murphy tire soap. I did find a trick to get that tool off. I used a pry bar and carefully pulled it out at low psi worked like a charm. I saw the rim was only rated at 60 psi I could not find the specs for that NATO NDT as far as air pressure. Is 60 PSI acceptable for that tire? It has 95 psi stamped on it and is 18 ply 14.00x20.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks