• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned Deuce

Parker2

The cost of shipping ultimately forced me to stand down on this.

Hey Parker, I know the air field I know you are speaking of. I drove by their a lot I never saw a duece though.

It is a big place. :) Anyway, if you are traveling east on Drane Field Rd. It is inside the very last gate of the airport. You cant see it from Drane Field. Also you cant go in that gate without being let in. You will have to contact the director of the airport.
Also it has been a couple of years since I saw it. It's probably still there though. I think it had already been sitting there for a few years. This I am sure is a parts truck as the body was in rough shape and I am sure is even worse now. Although I was suprised that the wood work could have been put back together with a little work.

ABN173

The cost of shipping ultimately forced me to stand down on this.
Hmmm I can't help but wonder about this one. Stateside the units can file a FOI (found on Installation) and get possession of an item until or if the true owner/unit can be found. Perhaps there is a angle there? I have seen guys get ownership of abandoned civilian vehicles on base this way also. I did it once but dropped the proccess when I discovered a lien on it.

Besides that it is a waste to see a vehicle just left like that. I bet if it still has data plates on it a good Property Book Officer (BDE or higher) might be able to at least figure out what unit it belongs to and perhaps hold them accountable.

Anyway good luck with it,
CW2 Dale Campbell

Lonesome715

I wish I knew of that before now. I left that base yesterday and I am on my way to my new assignement. However, I do still have contacts over there.

BMCUSNAVY

How about an optun lift...... is the US Navy close by? You would need to find an amphibious ship (LPD, LHA). They are built to transport over a thousand Marines, along with there vehicles. Maybe, just maybe.... they may have room available on the ship. Make sure your paperwork is in order. Contact the Combat Cargo Officer onboard the ship & see what can happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks