• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2017 (44th East Coast Rally held at Ripken Stadium May 11-13

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s getting close to the show and a few of us are planning on having a get together on Thursday evening as we did last year.
The menu will be a repeat of last year, steaks, baked potatoes and what not. Look forward to seeing those from last year and anyone else that would like to come by.
It would help if you could indicate if you are able to attend so we can plan accordingly.
I will be there manning the griddle for you as I did last year........ always a good time.......

Z

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a Turbo 6.5 GEP HMMWV engine I can bring with only 5080 miles on it! Complete with turbo dog house cover , turbo exhaustDSCF9570.jpgDSCF9565.jpgDSCF9574.jpg cross over pipe , turbo heat shields , air conditioning compressor , big dual voltage alternator and matching engine controller. $3800 for everything ! Turbo has been demilled

LanceRobson

I'll be with Ed King in the usual spaces (R20-23?). If those aren't the correct spces I'll edit them.

My wife and I are moving from our farm in Central New York to our retirement place in Stokes County, NC by late summer so my son and I are finishing parting out 3 rusty but running M1009s and a civilian diesel Suburban. Most of the good sheet metal is gone but there are two good hoods, one green and one in gold commercial paint. There are a couple of good cargo caps including one with a nice sliding side window set-up. All the engines and transmissions are still here as are three transfer cases. There is a good brush guard or two and maybe one each front and rear bumpers. PM me for details and your wants, please.

Stuff I am bringing:

A present for bachman502.....

A new in the bag green camo 20' extra long wheelbase cargo cover (XLWB) $550
A tan M105 trailer cargo cover (used only one weekend) $150
Generator/welder ground rod slide hammer sets. The hammers are NIB and I have ground rods, connectors and all the other bits and pieces to go with them if needed. Hammers only $30, accessories will vary.
RAK-30 28V water and ration heaters. These are the newer high powered style. NIB $75
Assorted NOS fuel fired personnel heaters (heater units only mostly) and some new and used control boxes.
Good take-out CUCV alternators. Price varies.
A CUCV pickup bucket seat (I don't know what model it came from but it won't fit an M1009) $20
Slave cables. 20' and 50" NATO single pin and 20' and 12' 2-pin. Price varies with condition. Let me know what you want and I'll get you pics and prices.
5-ton power steering pump for an M809, may fit other models. $25
Hunter multi-fuel Arctic Space Heaters (4520-01-444-2375. One NIB and one NOS out of the box with some scuffs from shelf wear. $200 OBO.
Golight model 2049 24/12 volt remote control searchlights. Can be used with either 12 or 24 volt power. Permanent mounting with both wired and wireless remote controls. NIB
Assorted inter-vehicular trailer electrical cables.
One NIB air hose with glad hand and Inflatorator gauge. $60.
Two wrecker chains, 16' long with to pear shaped loops and a chain hook in very good used condition. The links caliper at 0.66" diameter. $100 ea.

There's more to come in a later post....

Cabel, with the pending move to North Carolina I'd like to talk to you at the show about the ins and outs of MVs in NC.

Lance

mutt1966

Well I know this mite be along shot, does anybody out there have a AM-6874 AMP/Coupler for the GRC-213 that they want to get rid of, send me a PM... Thanks
AM-6874

bachman502

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a possibility that I might be in the market for 4-5 twenty four bolt aluminum mrap wheels. They must be 24 bolt non ctis. Thank you.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I will have four USGI official issue Maredyne bolt on power steering kits for the M35A2 (or can be used on the A3 if your original system is inop) $2000 each kit. These are the last four I have.

Will have some very 'special items' that I was going to keep but I'm cashing out of the hobby. Bring deep pockets and your wife's secret stash of money and your kids piggy bank (I don't take first borns----have enough kids already).

I also have a very rare video game system. It's the Supernintendo Entertainment System (SNES) Marksmanship Arcade Combat Simulator (MACS). Official US Army rifle marksmanship training system. It has a M16 laser gun and the game cart and the SNES controller and TV. It is listed as a 10/10 for rarity. $7500. Extra M16 laser gun for $2500 if bought with game. $3000 if wanting the extra laser gun separate. System was tested within the last 30 days and both laser guns and full system are operational. Only bringing if I have a serious buyer.

I will probably be a Friday only.

surplusyes

If anyone has an M17 tripod I am looking for one will be at Aberdeen usual spaces F30-34. Also rear cargo cover for the 4 door HMMWV Regards Tom

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will be attending the rally from Wednesday afternoon till Saturday afternoon, set up in my usual area in M-2. Things I'm bringing with:

geared lug nut wrench sets, NOS
pioneer tools, axes and shovels
M35 deuce tool box
assorted military radios, cables and accessories, WWII through 1980s
Bakers Pride stainless 2-shelf pizza oven, MKT owners anyone?
military wooden crates, various sizes
misc. hand tools mostly USA made, a few power tools
assorted military surplus items

Please be advised, those interested in a geared lug nut wrench - I started with 120 sets last March, I have ONLY 15 LEFT and I'm bringing them all to the show, if anyone wants one I will probably sell out this show and there are no more from my supplier.

Items I am looking for:

new or excellent Coleman-type military lantern
a couple aluminum medical-type transit cases, any height
40mm grenade fired hulls, metal
aluminum cot end pieces, my cot is missing both end bars

surplusyes

Posting for a duece owner friend. Ian, if you're on the steel soldiers net be sure to visit us F30-34 ....welcome to sell your stuff with us as well.
Sent: Monday, May 6, 2017 9:36 PM
To: Tom B
Subject: Military Vehicle Stuff

Tom so sorry I have been out of touch with everyone from you guys and steel soldiers, I missed Sussex but just returned back to the States in-processing fully consumed me. If you could post that I have following for sale I would appreciate it. Don’t know what else I still have at 3D storage, but looking forward to opening up the door and being surprised
r/ Scott

24 Volt Composite Lights New $35 each
Scepter Fuel Cans, used with some paint markings, held diesel, very good condition $45 each

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can bring a HMMWV cargo cover if there is any interest.
HMMWV camo 2 man cargo cover and bows $150 can deliver to Aberdeen show may 11th.

CGarbee

So, I just learned that I have to be at three project sites this week that are at different ends of the state (NC)...
So, it looks like I will not be able to get to the rally this year (for the first time since 1990...).

This is the second event that I have had to miss this year due to work...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks