• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on Deuce purchase.

plym49

Good luck. It sounds like that truck is meant to be yours. Hope you can get past the insurance.

You know, you can just call Hagerty or American Collector's or any of the other guys on your own. No need to go through your out-of-her-league agent.

If you decide to forego theft coverage and just stick with liability, perhaps any of the specialty agencies mentioned will be OK with you keeping it outside. Might be worth a shot.

I think this truck just wasn't meant to be.
Condon & Skelly, Hagerty and American Collector Ins. all have the condition the vehicle must be stored in a secured garage. Liability only isn't an option. In addition, Hagerty wouldn't insure it because it is "too new". Too new...26 years old????
The rates are very reasonable but no garage is no garage.
Still waiting for a quote from State Farm. It would be a sole item insured with them so I don't expect much so far as reasonable. Miracles might happen but I'm not holding my breath.

I was just advised by State Farm that they are unable to write a personal policy for this truck.
This endeavor is behind me.
No more wasted time chasing my tail.
Thanks all.

Hagerty, like most others, also specifies garage parking.
I talked to Gulfway. The most reasonable folks to talk to so far. They should have an official quote in a day.
My fingers are crossed for the last time.

Gulfway will insure it but not as resonably as verbally quoted.
All in all, this is not worth the very limited use the truck would see. A garage would have made it a different story.
That's what this thread was for though. To explore the possibility.
It's not in the cards for me.
This truck is currently listed on the Louisville, KY Craigslist. Somebody should pick it up.

RealCavDog

Come on Man ! Don't be a quitter ! I fought the same fight for over 6 months, then it fell into place, like you, not near as well as all the lowball experienced guys keep quoting, but not bad enough to deter me !

Once you get in it and it grows on you, you won't go back ! I have not even STARTED my GMC C3 since I got home from Ft. Riley, work, store, post office, tax office, liquor store ! Will have to go back to my "mini" truck soon, but right now, I am just like a newlywed on my honeymoon ! Not getting out of it till I have to !

Keep us advised, and take a breath and think about it a bit ! If it keeps calling to you, don't ignore it !

Remember this also . . . " If it was easy, everybody would be doing it ! " :beer:

Welder Sam

When i called my st farm agent to inquire about the same, he said that he could only get me a "personal commercial" policy for $150.

I agree, theres a fly in the ointment somewhere.. or... somebody is just not tastin the kool aid..

Gulfway quote was just under 250 a year with 1000 deductable. That is doable. Too many other negatives for a vehicle with such limited use. It seems these things are real white elephants as well. Many for sale but none really selling. If you wanted to part with one the scrap yard is likely the best bet. This truck is pretty decent and he can't manage to get 3K for it. So looking at the big picture, the fly in the ointment is common sense for my circumstances. So, which one of you is going to pick up this fine truck?

tco3129

Own, license, insure and DRIVE a 67 AM/GEN and a 77 KAISER. Apparently the WANT ONE is not there.
Spent all I can afford for now but hopefully someone can grab it up. 2cents

Jtspendy

Do you have something on your driving record that can be causing the problems? NJ is a high insurance cost state and its only costing me $350.00 a year liability 500.00 deductable with a normal full registration on the Deuce

plym49

Gulfway quote was just under 250 a year with 1000 deductable. That is doable. Too many other negatives for a vehicle with such limited use. It seems these things are real white elephants as well. Many for sale but none really selling. If you wanted to part with one the scrap yard is likely the best bet. This truck is pretty decent and he can't manage to get 3K for it. So looking at the big picture, the fly in the ointment is common sense for my circumstances. So, which one of you is going to pick up this fine truck?
You seem to be agonizing over a $3K expenditure. Do you like the truck? Will you enjoy it? Then man up and buy it. If, on the other hand, you need to parlay this $3K into a retirement annuity, then consider spending the money on a good mutual fund instead.

Shoot, it almost seems like if the trucks were going for $15 or 20K, that then you would be commenting on how much money they were. At this point in time, the Deuce provides a lot of smiles per dollar. Enjoy it while it lasts 'cuz they aren't making many more.

Just MHO based on my reaction to your last few posts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks