• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Advice on Deuce purchase.

Vanniek71

Just curious, and it may not be the most ethical thing ever, but what are the chances that your insurance company would come out and see that the deuce is not "in a building"

seems like some cash savings right there lol.

tannermans

I too am buying my First Deuce, any advice?

1998 - M109A4 / M35A3 with 2200 miles, Automatic, with a cat diesel. Also here is the run down. Any advice on this Truck, $11,000 is His asking Price. From what I can tell overall it appears to be a 95%+ Truck.... Cant wait to get involved in this Truck. Thanks in advance on any input.

This truck is a 1998 and it starts right up, runs great and is fun to drive. Everything works!
Tires are at 95% tread! Only 2080 miles! No leaks, Drips, or Smells.
This truck is the same as a M35A3 except that it has a van/radio box instead of a cargo bed. The CAT engine still has the original stickers on it, it's like new.

There is no black smoke from the engine and runs much more quiet then it's older brother the M35A2.

Caterpillar 3116 ATAAC (Air to Air Aftercooled) diesel engine 170 hp

Allison 1545 automatic transmission
Rockwell 2 speed transfer case
Super single radial tires
Air-assist steering
Air shift front axle 4X6 or 6X6
CTIS System in perfect working order
True bead lock wheels and tires
Improved independent circuit air/hydraulic brake system
Three-point seat belts
Electric windshield wipers and washer
External AC and DC power to the box
Circuit breakers and 110vac GFI outlets in the box
Extraction fan in the box
Spare tire included
Interior lights in box (24V and 110vac)
Stair case to the box included with 2 handrails
Air ride drivers seat (weight adjustable)
Driver and passenger cabin heater

By all previous intentions, this truck shoul be in my drive now. I had cash in hand Friday and was willing to hand it over. The last minute dissappointment from my insurance agent sent me home empty handed. Things usually happen for a reason. Some that may not be apparent to me at this time. Ultimately this truck would have a short list of positives and a long list of negatives. I have many other interests and a truck would be at the bottom end of the list. Somebody who can give it the proper TLC would be a better owner. That may change some day and there will always be Deuces looking for new homes.

It seems this thread will have a happy ending after all.
The Duece is coming home Sunday.
Gulfway did an excellent job on the insurance coverage. A big thumbs up to them. My normal agent hadn't a clue...
Title, temporary tags and insurance ID card are in hand.
It will be a long wait until Sunday morning.

steelandcanvas

It seems this thread will have a happy ending after all.
The Duece is coming home Sunday.
Gulfway did an excellent job on the insurance coverage. A big thumbs up to them. My normal agent hadn't a clue...
Title, temporary tags and insurance ID card are in hand.
It will be a long wait until Sunday morning.
Good to see the Deuce is coming home. It isn't like we kept after you to get 'er done. Maybe a thumbs up to the Guys that helped you in the thread?

steelandcanvas

Just curious, and it may not be the most ethical thing ever, but what are the chances that your insurance company would come out and see that the deuce is not "in a building"
seems like some cash savings right there lol.
Just think though, it would take just one time for an Agent to catch it not parked in the barn and there would be all kinds of heck to pay. I don't think it's worth the penalty to get caught defrauding the insurance company. Just my 2cents.

plym49

Just think though, it would take just one time for an Agent to catch it not parked in the barn and there would be all kinds of heck to pay. I don't think it's worth the penalty to get caught defrauding the insurance company. Just my 2cents.
Tru dat, if only for ethical reasons. What can make it a lot worse is if you have a claim, for example if a worker or visitor at your home was injured by the truck and sues you, and then your insurance company declines to cover you because of the misrepresentation about the garage.

My old man, a tough NYPD cop, summed it up for me: "Son, driving without registration is a misdemeanor - that's a ticket. Driving without insurance is a felony."

The Deuce is in the driveway.
A nice 50 mile drive home. Everything went well.
Ear to ear grin all the way.
What a kick to drive.
Wish I had it last weekend so I could have gone to Haspin today. I sure hope to make the next one.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks