• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket CTIS covers for FMTVs

coachgeo

thanks . knew had seem them somewhere. Used a good reverse image search engine (not just googles, it misses ton of stuff) to search the pics and nothing came up. Appears tech giant facebook somehow is blocking reverse image search engines. hmmmmm???

anyway.... had searched with facebook's search tools for CITS Covers as well as CTIS protectors...... nothing came up for post or pics..... but then again facebook search engine SUCKS. think you have to search by EXACT wording or it won't find shiat.

Thanks again
follow up... all those postings on Facebook are from someone who purchased them and just likes them. He does not make or sell them. Thus why he says PM him to pass on info.

Have now talked to Maker/Seller who is looking at production.... so far; even with overseas production ....... they are SPENDY but HIGH quality. Seller has has good pallet-able shipped roof rack setups in the works too. Seems like nice guy

coachgeo

Did he ever share the supplier? A TON of people asked him about them but all I ever saw returned was "PM sent"....
Yeah he gave me the info. Used it to contact the fella (Matt) the designer, seller directly.... he is taking pre-orders to get enough to get them manufactured overseas. Seemed like a nice fella to me. Not sell gimicky kind of conversation at all. More of an engineer type. The german type lol.... that thinks do it right or not at all... thus spendy. kinda like the Difference between Unimog Daimler Benz and Stewart Stevens LOL. He has the two needed stamping dies made already. One is for making them for steel rims... one for aluminum rims since they are slightly different.

PM me and can give you Matt's number. He has no desire to compete with MWME price. (his are double that of MWME)

Last edited:

coachgeo

They just officially hit public advertising stage. $250 per wheel... $50 off per wheel if you get in on the pre-order. Matt also has bolt on roof rack/w ladder too that is sweet. Bolts to the rain gutters ... good solid ol' school design

PS- US seller.... while manufactured over seas..... it is NOT CHINA far as I can tell. Maybe Turkish manufacture??

Last edited:

Third From Texas

They just officially hit public advertising stage. $250 per wheel... $50 off per wheel if you get in on the pre-order. Matt also has bolt on roof rack/w ladder too that is sweet. Bolts to the rain gutters ... good solid ol' school design

PS- US seller.... while manufactured over seas..... it is NOT CHINA far as I can tell. Maybe Turkish manufacture??

Ouch, a bit rich for hub caps..

Still, I support folks who make their own wears to sell.

I still say that a flat ring on stand-offs is the way to go, though. Pity that MWE didn't put a bit more effort (and a forth mounting point) into their design.

Third From Texas

Saw the FB ad.

Not a bad looking product. I kinda favor the OEM design (or just a flat ring) as you can pull a tire w/o removing the cover, but that's not a huge deal.
291040534_108728921898296_4607616830129138193_n.jpg

His roof rack is also interesting. While I'm not a fan of bolt-together stuff like that, it should help keep shipping down. Not sure about how the part "floats" in front of the truck having no support (the entire rack unit mounts to roof via rain gutter clamps). OK for carrying stuff, but I'd not want to hit any heavy brush head-on with it. Nothing that couldn't be modified to add a couple forward brace/mounting points. I'm not tracking the concept of how the ladders are "folding" though. Price isn't listed, so I suspect they won't be cheap.. With the cost of shipping these days, the local fab shop might be the more reasonable solution. But it's great to see competition in the market for this stuff....

291478502_108731075231414_1820811677733941236_n.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks