• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

All day HMMWV sale, what did you get? 9/13/16

Brad Z

I got out bid on everything 9/13. I did pick up a '93 M998 Troop Carrier here in VA for about $500 more than I was hoping to pay but it looks to be in pretty good shape. I figured it wasn't too bad since that $500 difference would be made up in shipping from the other I was looking at in OH. This is my first MV: I'm scared to tell the wife, I think she'll kick my butt. That said, I'm a pilot and a 41yo Cessna owner so I'm not afraid to work on old stuff. Hope the HMMVW will fit in the hangar.

Royalpower

I got out bid on everything 9/13. I did pick up a '93 M998 Troop Carrier here in VA for about $500 more than I was hoping to pay but it looks to be in pretty good shape. I figured it wasn't too bad since that $500 difference would be made up in shipping from the other I was looking at in OH. This is my first MV: I'm scared to tell the wife, I think she'll kick my butt. That said, I'm a pilot and a 41yo Cessna owner so I'm not afraid to work on old stuff. Hope the HMMVW will fit in the hangar.
Happy for you! Let's see some pictures of the project.

Gear Report

Dude! I hope your wife is more understanding than mine. She is still threatening to leave me if she ever has the money to do so. No worries. I'll just make sure there is never that much $ in the accounts, which should be easy with the cost of HMMWV parts. ;)

Sintorion

Picked up a m998a1 out of Alabama. Looks like I was probably bidding against you guys at some point in that auction ha. In thinking I got a good deal but time will tell.
Were you the one bidding me up? I got one of the tan ones from Alabama. I had it for $8500 then someone would come in for $100 more and they kept extending it. That kind of irritates me that they don't end them on time.

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Were you the one bidding me up? I got one of the tan ones from Alabama. I had it for $8500 then someone would come in for $100 more and they kept extending it. That kind of irritates me that they don't end them on time.
It only extends if someone bids, So "we" don't just extend them. The first time you lost out on something because someone "bid sniped" at the last second when you wanted to bid again you wouldn't feel that way.

Action

GL would add 15 minutes every time a bid was placed. An auction could go on for hours. I just enter my max amount and walk away.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got my first hmmwv I'm pretty excited about it. Hope I didn't pay to much at 8K

Ahhh, you got that truck, that truck started at 10k, got no bids and then was relisted to 8k and only your bid won it.
I think it's a good score, it's a serpintine 6.5NA setup but with a TH400 and 218 tcase. Ex navy truck.
i just missed bidding on it or it would have been a bidding war.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see you got your own shop there in Brentwood. I'm right down the road in Vacaville. Do you think once I get this thing I can bring it by for a once over?
By all means, yes....the one thing about that truck is the windshield says "No power", so not sure what that means, such as, it runs and drives but has no real power? Or do they mean...it maybe had no batteries and then they made it run? Who knows till you get the truck.

Brad Z

Happy for you! Let's see some pictures of the project.
Humvee1.jpgHumvee2.jpg

Dude! I hope your wife is more understanding than mine. She is still threatening to leave me if she ever has the money to do so. No worries. I'll just make sure there is never that much $ in the accounts, which should be easy with the cost of HMMWV parts. ;)
Good strategy. She's been through this many times before. She also grew up with a brother who's a motor head so she knows the deal. We also keep separate bank accounts so that helps :)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It makes like the old live auctions , the guy with the deepest pockets wins the prize . 2 minutes is a pretty short time for bids to close compared to a lot of online auctions.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm actually a little relieved to hear that. I'm always nervous about buying something no one else is bidding on. Makes me think everyone knows something I don't.
I've had that feeling before... I HATE it. especially when I'm considering it might be "too good to be true"

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first one was a non-runner out of DeRidder LA. It no-bid all the way down to $3.5k. Jeepsinker picked it up for me and had it running in short order. Runs perfect. You just never know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks