• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aluminum wheels

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take from Forum Rules:

“New accounts are not able to start conversations with other members without 10 posts or more to the site. If you are a new member and are trying to help another member out here and have something they're looking for, you may start a conversation with me. Please include the details and the other party involved. I will then start a discussion between all three of us. This is due to the scammers that have previously been using the WTB section as a target.”

Dan6x6

They finally arrived from Hutchinson. The new orings and the CTIS lug nut kits. The lug nut kits came with 2 orings the one for under the nut and the one for the back of the wheel.View attachment 831985View attachment 831986View attachment 831987View attachment 831988View attachment 831989View attachment 831994
@Keith Knight is the Right Hand Thread the one we use... Little confused as to why RH and LH on your invoice... The picture clearly show RH marked on the lug nut...
Let me know if RH thread is the correct one since I'll be ordering some... Much appreciated for all your efforts here...

Dan6x6

Ok everyone I’ve figured out all the different O-ring sizes and where to get them for these aluminum wheels. By the way the wheel part number is 0347 if you look on your wheel you’ll find WO-0347, WO stands for wheel outer and WI-0347, WI stands for wheel inner.
After the last post I’ve search everywhere ended up getting in touch with the engineer at Hutchinson about the large oring and he explained that it was truly a round oring and after getting hot they sometimes take a different shape....crazy to me, sounds like they should use a different material. But he did say I could order them from them and even shared the part number and a picture. Part # 50012View attachment 830798
$18.00 each with a minimum order of $100 plus shipping.
So with that data you can go to McMaster Carr and order...made to order O-rings. So I ordered 4 each Buna orings with maximum temp of 250 degrees and 4 high temp silicone orings max temp 450.
View attachment 830799
and here are the other small orings for the CTIS valve and the back side of the wheel.
View attachment 830800
@Keith Knight apologies for the lack on knowledge on this one... I've ordered all the O-rings and Thank you for the details... Can you help a bit further with the piece " back side of the wheel", not sure where those O-ring goes....Tried to send you a PM but I'm new to the site and I guess I'm not yet approved to send PM....

1698189927604.png

Attachments

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m about to install my aluminum wheels and was wondering..,..the back of the wheel has an oring on the CTIS stud, BUT does the back of the brake drum also get a oring?
Seems like it should.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m about to install my aluminum wheels and was wondering..,..the back of the wheel has an oring on the CTIS stud, BUT does the back of the brake drum also get a oring?
Seems like it should.
No, the O-ring on the back of the wheel and the O-ring under the CTI lug nut are all there is. My CTIS system works perfectly and I have had zero issues…knock on wood.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks