• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

An American Deuce in Canada

The King Machine

Thanks!

It's been a lot of fun and much work.

As for the lights, I have a strange mental issue with darkness. I'm not afraid of it, I view it as an enemy with an inherent evilness that accompanies darkness. Strange I know, but my Deuce will always be equipped to handle the darkest of nights and I feel better and stronger knowing that.

My truck and I will always be there to help anyone trapped in the darkness, with plenty of light to guide us home.

Plus a pair of wax candles put out more light than the stock Deuce head lights lol

Another Ahab

Thanks!

It's been a lot of fun and much work.

As for the lights, I have a strange mental issue with darkness. I'm not afraid of it, I view it as an enemy with an inherent evilness that accompanies darkness. Strange I know, but my Deuce will always be equipped to handle the darkest of nights and I feel better and stronger knowing that.
You're a good man, devoting your deuce to helping others; more power to you, Brother.

And funny what you say about darkness, because I lived for two weeks way back when with a squad from the Seal Team that is bi-lingual in Spanish (I forget what number that is). I was on a two-week Active Duty Training (AcDuTra, I think it was called it back then) on Rosey Roads in Puerto Rico as a Seabee closing out my enlistment on Reservist time. We were all berthed in the same Quonset Hut.

Those Seals had me seeing night-time in a totally different light (so to speak) by the end of that deployment. Night-time is the right time to a Seal, is what I learned. It's your friend, it's powerful. positive, and protective. That was an interesting two weeks. Oh, yeah, and Seals? They're crazy. But we all of us need to be glad that they are.

Last edited:

BnaditCorps

You're a good man, devoting your deuce to helping others; more power to you, Brother.

And funny what you say about darkness, because I lived for two weeks way back when with a squad from the Seal Team that is bi-lingual in Spanish (I forget what number that is). I was on a two-week Active Duty Training (AcDuTra, I think it was called it back then) on Rosey Roads in Puerto Rico as a Seabee closing out my enlistment on Reservist time. We were all berthed in the same Quonset Hut.

Those Seals had me seeing night-time in a totally different light (so to speak) by the end of that deployment. Night-time is the right time to a Seal, is what I learned. It's your friend, it's powerful. positive, and protective. That was an interesting two weeks. Oh, yeah, and Seals? They're crazy. But we all of us need to be glad that they are.
Yeah night is the best for a lot of things. From playing tag to attacking a HVT.

Another Ahab

I tried looking up the Seal Team that's bi-lingual in Spanish (they're with the East Coast Group I think, and they're assigned to cover operations in Central America, South America, and Mexico), but I can't find this listed anywhere.

Can't think why it would be classified, but maybe it is. I knew once, but you know what they say:

- Memory, it's the second thing to go.

Last edited:

BnaditCorps

I tried looking up the Seal Team that's bi-lingual in Spanish (they're with the East Coast Group I think, and cover operations in Central and South America, and Mexico), but I can't find this listed anywhere.

Can't think why it would be classified, but maybe it is. I knew once, but you know what they say:

- Memory, it's the second thing to go.
My uncle would probably know

Another Ahab

What time in the 80's? Late or Early?
D***. That's a good question, and you would ask that (like I'm going to remember...I never brag about my memory). :roll:

I separated from service in '86, and my Readiness Duty deployments were close to that, so let's call it mid-'80's (that's a safe bet).

The King Machine

It's an unforgiving beast, but she will perform reliably when required. It's a handful to drive. When you get to know its characteristics she is good to go.

She completed a 540km trip this past weekend. 200 of which were logging road. Nothing too challenging, other than a quick jaunt down to Hale creek on the way up the lake. Truck performed very well, I trust it. Average speed was roughly 50 km per hour on the forest service road, made pretty good time for 16 000lbs pounds of rolling thunder. Lowered the tire pressure down to 10 psi in the rear and 15psi in the front. It was pretty comfortable, like riding on a balloons. She sucked wind on a few mountain passes but not any worse than my old 91 ford 7.3

My EGT and boost gauges were very helpful, on a few hills I had to back off the throttle due to the EGT's reaching 1200 deg.
I also noted at one point 16 lbs of boost. I installed my AVM locking front hubs before I left, I must say they make a HUGE difference in handling and steering.

Left Richmond at 7am and reached St. Agnes well by about just after 3pm give or take. Monday we rolled out of the hot springs at 10 am out through the sea to sky highway back to Richmond.

The fuel consumption was manageable. I filled up 210 liters I dipped the tank when I got home. I calculated about 57 liters left.

Used the Shelter trailer for the first time. The GF and I slept well, especially through Saturday nights rain storm.

Attachments

Last edited:

The King Machine

Here's a few pictures from the weekend.

It's an S250 on an M103 trailer

Attachments

Last edited:

Another Ahab

That there is some powerfully beautiful country. Wow!

The color of the water in that lake makes me think glacial till or something.

Do you know if that lake is at the foot of a glacier?

The King Machine

Thanks bandit. It's a real treat. It's a stress relief for me just to drive it to Walmart.
When I take her out into the great Canadian expanse I feel confident. So much has been done, work ethic and care.

Roughly 620 miles since the engine and drive line upgrades and repairs.
Doesn't leak a drop of fluid, of any kind.

i have entered it in a couple car shows this month. I'll be sure to post pictures.

just today I was working on the deuce. I went back in side the shop to pinch one off and grab a beer.
when I came back outside several minutes later there was 2 wonderful Asian beauties with a photographer talking photos................oh yeah!
aparently there was a fashion show in the banquet hall across the street from my work shop.

the deuce is a powerful tool. I've been dating the best woman of my life for 2 years. She only spoke to me because I rolled up to the pub in an army truck.

life is good. :)

And to Ahab that lake was glacier fed..........from several sides lol

The part of Canada I live in has such diverse terrain. Everything from mild deserts to snow capped mountains.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks