• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another M1010 owner

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A weekend excursion with some #steelsoldiers at @rauschcreek . I was on the highway with the NV4500 and liking the change, still slows down on hills but seemed to keep pace with most 18 wheelers. A 5 ton, a Duece, and two Hummers. Great time and learning experience following a 5 ton around. Amazing what it’ll do! Only minor things after it’s all said and done. I don’t know exactly when the swaybar bracket left… 🤷🏻‍♂️. But it added to some testing of design. The one link was pulled and obviously came in contact with the bump stop mount. Then with some excessive body roll the rack was tested, on a tree, seems fairly strong and doesn’t look like any other damage. Otherwise, she made it back to sit around a fire and have a bourbon 🥃 and tell stories. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a couple of recent road trips going to try working on communication. Picked these Sena SPH10’s up off of all places Craigslist after looking at several intercom options. They connect to each other through Bluetooth, up to 4 can be connected together. We’ll see how they do… 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #k30 #campulance

Attachments

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gotta love those boots on the 1010. The photos and pics are so appreciated. The 1010 is bear resistant so sleeping in the bush once the doors are closed is very relaxing. Keep the adventures coming.
Thanks! Looking forward to using her more for what she was built for! I still have a list of things to do so I'll keep working on her as well.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I'm trying to give CUCV's a shot at MV of the month... I appreciate your support.

Another Ahab

After a couple of recent road trips going to try working on communication. Picked these Sena SPH10’s up off of all places Craigslist after looking at several intercom options. They connect to each other through Bluetooth, up to 4 can be connected together. We’ll see how they do…
Love to hear how they work out, Mad Texan, please keep us posted!

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Back in early December... Not the nicest campground or a Harvest Host… 🙄. Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex for a final indoor race. A 24 hour recap from the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, hosted 220 cars 🏎🏎, 26 heat races and 26 features. It was 20* the morning when I woke up at the Harrisburg races. The #planarheater did it’s job and kept the interior at a thermostat controlled 60* but there was quite a bit of cold air leaks with the old weather strip. Ordered some new from #mcmastercarr to replace the old. Sealed up much better now 👍. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #campulance

Attachments

Last edited:

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting broken in… Took the Campulance for a short trip, 260 miles or so. I meant to take a lot more pictures but forgot to. It was a champ on 695 and 70 headed west around Baltimore. Still underpowered but if you know how to run the hills it’s not to bad. But when the roads open and being able to put in 5th and roll 65-70 without the 6.2 screaming… priceless. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🥓🥓🥃🥃 #M1010 #cucv #campulance

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks