• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in heavier duty hydraulic head button retaining clips?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never messed with mine, and really don't want to, but realistically I will probably need to sooner than I think. I would be interested in 3 - but price dependent.

Remember two is one, and one is none .
I want to live by this mindset, but eventually I'll have all my money tied up in spares that never get used. :roll:

Last edited:

DavidWymore

This has been a frustrating one. First someone lost the clip sample gimp sent me, so he sent another. Waterjet guy cut the clips and sent them to me but not without consulting me re: Heat treat etc. also kept the sample clip. I have an IP I found laying in the dirt at a boneyard but I can't get it to turn to so I can pull the HH to test...so does anyone have a spare bad HH with button and clip, etc. they can send me so I can get this done? I hate to pull apart one of my "running"
trucks and have to put it back together.

Thanks

DavidWymore

I got the sample parts from Seth (thanks!) and finally got some time to work on making a jig to form the clips. Gave one of my guys a promotion to take some load off me.

Turns out the waterjet guy cut them from spring steel not in the annealed state, so they break when I attempt to form the tight bends. SO, I either have to anneal these or get new ones cut. Good news is the material is much stronger than the original. I'll probably do some pull tests to compare.

Seth_O

Glad to hear those parts are helpful and the ball is moving again. So which pieces exactly are you looking to replicate?

rustystud

I got the sample parts from Seth (thanks!) and finally got some time to work on making a jig to form the clips. Gave one of my guys a promotion to take some load off me.

Turns out the waterjet guy cut them from spring steel not in the annealed state, so they break when I attempt to form the tight bends. SO, I either have to anneal these or get new ones cut. Good news is the material is much stronger than the original. I'll probably do some pull tests to compare.
That's good news David. I've finished cleaning up my 6 injection pumps and found enough good parts from the six to make 3 good pumps. I got my rebuild parts from AMBAC and started today with the "booster" pumps. Hopefully by the time I'm assembling the Hydraulic Heads the clips will be done !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks