• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anyone interested in heavier duty hydraulic head button retaining clips?

rustystud

Yeah. I believe now after tearing into all these pumps you had the correct solution all along. Unless I had actually seen it on several pumps I would not have believed the plunger could stick like that. Now I know better. I should have listened to your years of experience here "Floridianson" ! The clearances on the plunger shaft are so tight it will create a "pop" when pulled out of it's bore. According to my machinist friend that means it was "hand honed" together. Just another reason to keep good fuel filters on the deuce. Any bit of garbage getting on the shaft will score it up and it will not seal properly and start to leak and lose pressure.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem has been talked about since I joined SS. I don't remember who ( some of the older members ) that first talked about the varnish / trash but it can be a problem on the plunger/fuel control. Guess it's just the luck of the draw. I have had about 12 Deuces since 06 and some sat for long periods and no problems with the button on any of them. They say if your not good you better be lucky so guess I am lucky but I do keep a Ambac rebuilt head around for that unlucky day. I have also always run some store bought system cleaner/lube in everything. I had a Deuce first but give me a 809 series truck.
Was thinking and I bet 98% of what I post could be googled or I read it here on SS and just passing it along. Maybe just a couple of tricks or Tec tips but that's it. Getting to old to remember what I had for dinner last night so think I will just read more here and post a lot less.

Last edited:

rustystud

The problem has been talked about since I joined SS. I don't remember who ( some of the older members ) that first talked about the varnish / trash but it can be a problem on the plunger/fuel control. Guess it's just the luck of the draw. I have had about 12 Deuces since 06 and some sat for long periods and no problems with the button on any of them. They say if your not good you better be lucky so guess I am lucky but I do keep a Ambac rebuilt head around for that unlucky day. I have also always run some store bought system cleaner/lube in everything. I had a Deuce first but give me a 809 series truck.
Was thinking and I bet 98% of what I post could be googled or I read it here on SS and just passing it along. Maybe just a couple of tricks or Tec tips but that's it. Getting to old to remember what I had for dinner last night so think I will just read more here and post a lot less.
Hey ! You've got a lot of knowledge to share ! Don't let age get you down ! Your only as old as your mind thinks you are ! Since I cannot remember how old I am most of the time I lean towards the young side ! :grin:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any updates on progress?

DavidWymore

Status is still the same. Still on my desk waiting for play-around time. Current work situations don't look promising but I'll see if I can make some time.

Keep reminding me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks