• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Are all good trucks gone?

thoner7

I don’t know much about all the different models and all that. I never looked at the ECVs trucks because they always cost so much more and I thought the extended nose looked ridiculous

There’s one 1165a1 up next week that is a 31600 vin but I’m not sure the pluses and minuses to them v the 25800 vins.???

Could you in theory replace the radiator with a different system and eliminate the extended nose if you really wanted to? With another humvee radiator and electric fan or some other way to increase cooling?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t know much about all the different models and all that. I never looked at the ECVs trucks because they always cost so much more and I thought the extended nose looked ridiculous

There’s one 1165a1 up next week that is a 31600 vin but I’m not sure the pluses and minuses to them v the 25800 vins.???

Could you in theory replace the radiator with a different system and eliminate the extended nose if you really wanted to? With another humvee radiator and electric fan or some other way to increase cooling?
Well evidently I was completely wrong

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of 1097R1s. How’s an R1 different than the A2s??
different set of serial numbers than what they were manufactured with.
Many of the R1 trucks are A1 base models with 3 speeds, others are A2 trucks with the 4 speed.

If your unit has the M1097R1 HMMWV, NSN 2320-01-346-9317, with a retrofitted engine, check the serial number before ordering a new transmission for the vehicle.

• M1097R1 HMMWVs with serial numbers between 500000 and 549000 require the 3L80 transmission
  • Those with serial numbers between 570000 and 599000 need the 4L80E/4L85E transmission.

There are also serial numbers over 600000 that seem to be 3 speed trucks also, so pretty much have to look at it to tell.

Reactions: OBX

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1165a1 has a 4 speed, serpentine belt etc. does not follow my assumption that vehicles ending in 1 are three speed, V belt etc.
the non 11XX series trucks that end in A1 are 3 speeds. The 11XX series reset the system by being enough different to warrant new designations.
The R1 trucks don't match the standard numbering system for all the other trucks for some stupid reason.

Gamble

up-armored trucks in current or reserve inventory- Yes.
DLA surplus going to GP- not likely.
So then I assume this means there will be far less trucks coming to DLA for future auctions. Is this a correct assumption or are there just so many 1000s of trucks still in use that the auctions will be stocked for years to come?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First of all, you have a kickass truck so this don’t affect you! 😉

Secondly, Uncle Sam will do as he does. There is no predicting. I doubt sales in the USA will significantly be diminished, but I am not Carnac The Magnificent.

Gamble

There were over 800 watchers. It was crazy. I hope it wasn't the result of the Pawn Stars show reaching people and making them curious about the auctions

Last edited:

thoner7

Two running M1165's were sold today under 12K. Whoever got these should be happy:

I was watching that 46k truck and was quickly outbid. I was expecting it to sell more like these two from the week prior, with some extra budgeted for the doors.

why the big discrepancy? What am I missing??

Autonomy_Lost

I was watching that 46k truck and was quickly outbid. I was expecting it to sell more like these two from the week prior, with some extra budgeted for the doors.

why the big discrepancy? What am I missing??
1. It's a REV
2. Trucks with doors usually go for exponentially more. I think they get more attention, more watchers, and more bidders. They tend to be promoted more in govplanet's advertising as well.
3. It doesnt really need anything. Unlike most demilled trucks it actually has windshields, proper roof gutters, the correct wipers, correct snorkel mount, correct deep fording exhaust for non armored truck, etc. Its not often you find a truck on govplanet like this.
4. Some people just have stupid money and will overpay to get exactly what they want.

The reason those other 2 trucks went so cheap is because not enough people noticed them. They blended right in with all of the non-runners and slipped under the radar.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks