• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington, WA July 2012 Fly-In

ellisk1989

hopeing to go

i am hoping to go to the event me and a few friends are new to owning mil surp vehicles and our two deuces are works in progress but i would like to know some more info on attending this event like where we are to go when we get there and are we allowed to camp on site with our vehicles? i know where the airport is i live in Lake Stevens and have been to the pick in pull right next to it many times also do you have to register to attend or just show up? and any other info you guys have would be greatly appreciated thanks hoping to meet some new people who have a love of old military vehicles as we do thank you :driver:

Oh PS: I added a pic of me and one of our trucks I kinda crashed haha but was able to get it out with no real damage

Attachments

jets1959

i am hoping to go to the event me and a few friends are new to owning mil surp vehicles and our two deuces are works in progress but i would like to know some more info on attending this event like where we are to go when we get there and are we allowed to camp on site with our vehicles? i know where the airport is i live in Lake Stevens and have been to the pick in pull right next to it many times also do you have to register to attend or just show up? and any other info you guys have would be greatly appreciated thanks hoping to meet some new people who have a love of old military vehicles as we do thank you :driver:

Oh PS: I added a pic of me and one of our trucks I kinda crashed haha but was able to get it out with no real damage
Hello and welcome to the site. Sorry no info on the event, as I have not attended it yet.

jhigh

I will try and answer your questions.
Where to go depends on when you arrive. We start arriving on Sunday the 8th however the show doesn't officially open until the 11th. If you come before Thursday you will go to the main entrance and the gate people will direct you to the area. If you arrive Thurs - Sat you will come in through the General parking lot. Drive up to the gate and they will let you in. As you come in you will see the warbird ramp and the tower follow the signs to the area.

Yes you can camp on site with your vehicle. In fact it is the best way to do it as we always have after hour’s activities and you don’t have to drive after adult beverages.

Registration happens when you arrive.

We look forward to seeing everyone.

Amer-team

JH is this divided up by era? Had a Vietnam Vet friend that wants to come and wants to do Vietnam for this event. He is an M151 driver.

Amer-team

Will keep you posted on this boss as he wanted me to do a VN display with him. would probably bring the M38A1 and some tentage to make it work.

ellisk1989

Question for jhigh

hey Jhigh is it you who sometimes comes out to the WAC shows in puyallup? I think I have seen your mule there if it is you if not someone else has one too

Amram

My mule has the 106mm RR on it. And yes it is the one at WAC in Oct.
Ooh can I take that thing for a test drive!!!!:p I will be there def, my grandad is even flying up from Kentucky to attend the event with me. My rusty old deuce is coming along. Deffinately does not look or act like the same truck it was 2 months ago.

jhigh

June 12, 2012
NOW HEAR THIS
We are now only 4 weeks out for Camp Adams and the Arlington Fly-In (July 11-15).
This coming week the new Camp Adams roads will be laid out. Up go the now two flag poles and the tower moves to the new Camp location. With two nearby tram stops, visitors will enter camp at both ends.
Betty Sherman has the speakers lined up and great story tellers they are. Several veterans with stories in book form will have their books on sale.
Yes, war birds are coming and some will be parked within Camp. The B-17 will be close by as will a military Chinook and Blackhawk helicopter.
Like many others, the Vietnam era PBR will arrive on Tuesday to be all set for opening day Wednesday. Don’t forget, our work party day is Saturday July 7 and some of us move in for the duration on Sunday. So, come early and enjoy a relaxed vacation with other military history enthusiasts.
This year on Saturday there will be a large car show featured from the show entrance down one taxiway toward the theatre. With our usual pass-in-review parade we can show those civilian cars some heavy duty OD vehicles.
Please remind your contacts that each vehicle operator should check in at the Camp HQ tent soon after arrival and arrange for your setup location and to get your ID wrist bands.
When arriving and departing Camp, you must cross an active taxiway!!!!!
Don’t cross if a moving aircraft is within sight!!! Look before you leap!
We would like you to be settled in Camp by Wednesday afternoon BUT, you are welcome whenever you can get there. If possible please stay until at least noon on Sunday.
If you are navy oriented, stop by and see my newly restored 1943 Mark VI depth charge.
I’ll tell you how my father’s ship, the USS Rockford (Frigate) sank the Japanese sub I-12 in November 13, 1944 with depth charges of this type.

After July 7, contact my cell phone at 425-770-7922 or
Jeff High 206-261-0002, or Mark Gresham 425-985-3033

Bill High, Coordinator
North Pacific Military Corps