• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington, WA July 2012 Fly-In

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
on our way Thursday

I will be leaving Spokane on Thursday AM with the M35A2 "K", probably pulling a M101A2 trailer. If all goes well, I will pull in on Thursday night. Can someone let me know where they want me to park or should i just pull in and hope? We also will have our pickup w/camper. Will they have an area like last year where trailers parked, or do we leave that out in the auto parking? Thanks Doug

REDROCKET

I will also be there Thursday (approx. 1600). I'm just going to pull in and hope. I plan to hook up w/Amer-team on Friday once he gets settled but I’ll be on my own Thursday ... looking for any and all guidance I can get (this is my 1st time at this event). I'm excited never-the-less.

Stalwart

OK kids, just follow the signs and follow the cones behind the B17. Continue south through the field and take a left across the taxiway to our area. Please stop before crossing ANY taxiways, the aircraft have the right of way. We have a count of about 50 MVs, 5 warbirds, and one PBR river boat. The event doesn't start until tomorrow when a hoard of Canadians will also invade. We expect at least 100-120 this year. If you like guns, we have a nice huge display as well.

I have a AWESOME wife, she bought me a Barrett 50 M82A1 sniper rifle for my 50th and presented it here for display! She gave me 2 M4 Carbines last week for the HEMTT doors. :D

jets1959

OK kids, just follow the signs and follow the cones behind the B17. Continue south through the field and take a left across the taxiway to our area. Please stop before crossing ANY taxiways, the aircraft have the right of way. We have a count of about 50 MVs, 5 warbirds, and one PBR river boat. The event doesn't start until tomorrow when a hoard of Canadians will also invade. We expect at least 100-120 this year. If you like guns, we have a nice huge display as well.

I have a AWESOME wife, she bought me a Barrett 50 M82A1 sniper rifle for my 50th and presented it here for display! She gave me 2 M4 Carbines last week for the HEMTT doors. :D
Wow what a keeper!!!! Into green iron and guns!!!!

Amer-team

Special Thanks to Bill and Jeff High for organizing this event. While they must have had headaches, from my point of view it went seamlessly and well. At least for all the things they could control. Thank you and mission accomplished.

Here are a few photos from the event. Sorry I didn't get more, but we were doing a Vietnam display and it was difficult to get away to sightsee.

Attachments

Amer-team

It is for external power, like the jumper port on the deuce's and 5 tons. I don't have the fitting on this one, but that is where is goes.

hwcurtice

Interesting, because most of the ones I saw didn't have anything on the other side. I did see the 4 screws holding a plate on, and that they're right below the battery box.

I had all kinds of things for that being there. Point of the shovel to fit into. Foot rest (seeing many passengers with their right foot outside of the Jeep) stuff like that.

What does the fitting look like? It might be something to keep my eye out for.

jhigh

Thanks to everyone who came out and braved the weather. This event would not be possible without your participation. We will have an after action review ready in a couple of days. It seems that the First annual International Military lawn dart competition was a great success and we plan to do it again next year.

Last edited:

ellisk1989

Thanks to everyone who came out and braved the weather. This event would not be possible without your participation. We will have an after action review ready in a couple of days. It seems that the First annual International Military law dart competition was a great success and we plan to do it again next year.
yeah the lawn darts were great fun

hwcurtice

Thanks to everyone who came out and braved the weather. This event would not be possible without your participation. We will have an after action review ready in a couple of days. It seems that the First annual International Military lawn dart competition was a great success and we plan to do it again next year.
Was that played with the M1 carbine and the dummy grenades?

Stalwart

Ellis, is that you Kyle? I thought it was a great success as well. After moving out yesterday, I'm still pooped but looking forward to next year. Jane an I proved you can take down and bag a Base-X 205, normally a 4 person affair, with just 2 people.

Next, gotta prepare for makin' noise with some new toys :jumpin: Thanks Jane, and to Jeff who made it all possible. :-D

ellisk1989

Ellis, is that you Kyle? I thought it was a great success as well. After moving out yesterday, I'm still pooped but looking forward to next year. Jane an I proved you can take down and bag a Base-X 205, normally a 4 person affair, with just 2 people.

Next, gotta prepare for makin' noise with some new toys :jumpin: Thanks Jane, and to Jeff who made it all possible. :-D
yeah thats me

jhigh

North Pacific Military Corps
July 23, 2012
NOW HEAR THIS

Camp Adams at the Arlington Fly-In after action report

Camp Adams opened for operations Sunday July 8 and the call to bug out came Sunday morning July 15. The Fly-In itself was open July 11-15. Weather treated us royally from Sunday through Wednesday and then turned less than best. However, the tremendous Thursday lightning and thunder storms added realistic artillery sounds thereby placing us all too close to the front lines.

Our turn out was again impressive although down somewhat from recent past years. We counted 97 pieces of rolling stock, more than 50 period tents with 6 major displays. Thirteen warbirds joined the camp with size ranging from the massive Boeing B-17 and Flying Heritage Collection B-25 down to L2 and L4 observation planes from WAAAM and Historic Flight Foundation respectively. We were pleasantly surprised at the number of new vehicles that joined us.

Our tank operation demonstration was upgraded when Jim Hossack arrived with his large Abbot, a tracked artillery piece. The FHC tank destroyer Hetzer joined Robinson’s Scorpion. Both the Hetzer and the German flack 88 gave powerful firing demonstrations. Over 250 visitors enjoyed the field demonstrations.

Following the tanks ops, we demonstrated the M1 Garrand firing rifle grenades. That created quite a stir with numerous inquiries about the process. This interest created the basis for the newly formed Military Lawn Dart Association. Over two evenings, the camp hosted a rifle grenade firing competition, Canada versus the US. The US took 2012 honors with a grenade hit actually touching the small target flag at about 120 ft. Our Western Command comrades will hone their skills for next year as the competition grows.

If you have concerns or ideas to enhance the 2013 Camp, please let us know.

Bill High, Coordinator, Camp Adams
North Pacific Military Corps