• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Arlington, WA July 2012 Fly-In

jhigh

I want to take a moment and answer some questions I have been asked about the event.

• Tents – We prefer military style tents in the display area. This is only a request to keep up the theme but we understand that not everyone has a military tent. So use what you have. If it is bright pink with Barbie print on it I am sure we can find some camo net to help cover it up. For those who do not have a tent but wish to camp on site we will have 2 GP mediums set up and can be used as a BOQ for those who need it. Be advised these are working tents during the day so you will need to vacate during show hours.
  • Showers and latrine – Porta potties are available in the camp area and are cleaned every morning. The showers are located in two areas north of the camp and are available any time of day although I recommend early morning or evening. You can drive to them as they are several hundred yards away but you may only drive to them during non show hours, no exceptions.
  • Food – While most campers pack and plan to prep their own meals (camp stoves are ok) but no open flame camp fires, some elect to drive into town (15 min) for breakfast and dinner. Vendors on site serve meals (typical fair type stands) and one does breakfast in the morning. Remember they have to cater to aircraft pilots that have no way of supporting themselves.
  • Vehicles – we have no age or condition requirement for those wanting to attend. Military vehicles of all ages are welcome. We even encourage works in progress. It allows the public to see what is involved and how much work it takes to put these rigs back on the road.
  • Uniforms – Again not required but we encourage uniforms to be worn. If you do not have a vehicle but do have a display of equipment, you are more than welcome to participate and set up a display. We would appreciate your understanding in regards to Nazi uniforms. Please display them if you have them. But we would prefer no Nazi SS re-enactors.

If there is anything that I have missed. Please just ask.

Jeff High

jhigh

Ooh can I take that thing for a test drive!!!!:p I will be there def, my grandad is even flying up from Kentucky to attend the event with me. My rusty old deuce is coming along. Deffinately does not look or act like the same truck it was 2 months ago.
You bring your vehicle to Arlington and I will let you test drive the mule:driver:

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jeff- I finally got my vacation confirmed and I have the time off confirmed. So I plan to show up for the airshow with my M35A2 (bobbed), pulling a flatbed trailer, with my M38A1 and a M101 trailer if I can fit both on the flatbed. I am looking forward to meeting more of the SS's. I visited without truck last year and was introduced to a few folks, but this should be fun! I may take you up on the BOQ for a night or two. I am hoping to be there on the 11th. Doug

srodocker

hey was wondering if theres some sort of flyer i could printer off as im doing a car show(little kids get to climb on the truck as their parents look at the cars) next saturday and i could set out some flyers maybe to bring more people up norht

jhigh

Hey guy's the time has come, Arlington is upon us. I was on the field this afternoon to get things started. The new area looks great. The Tower and flag poles are in place and the road lines will be marked tonight. The tents have been delivered and are ready to be set up. We will be on site starting between 09:00 & 09:30 all help is welcome as we have a lot to do to get the site ready. Bring your favorite implement of destruction and join the fun. Terry B is bringing coffee and goodies so don’t miss out.

Saturday 7th

If you need more info call me
Jeff High
206 261-0002

Stalwart

See you in the morning Jeff, we will be bringing up the loaded HEMTT and a trailer full of accessories, ATV and its little trailer. The Scorpion will follow on Sunday and we will pick up our refurbished HEMAT artilery trailer on Monday from the Smiley's. Due to injuries we will just be bringing the three vehicles this year but at least the Scorpion is running and the HEMTT + HEMAT with rocket boxes and 2 Nikes should be kinda interesting.

And guns in the doors :beer:

Amer-team

Jeff, I will come up and help. When you said implements of destruction, did you mean hammers and sledges? What else might be appropriate. I can't be there till Friday afternoon, but if someone will keep an eye on it, could bring up the M38A1. See you tomorrow.

jhigh

Finished most of the setup today. Area is looking good. 7 vehicles and trailers already in the field. Hope to see everyone there, you can start arriving anytime.

Stalwart

Got the tank loaded and we are heading up there in a few hours to stay for the duration. We hope to see a lot of you there! :jumpin: :jumpin: :cookoo:

Amer-team

If you don't have a particular area picked out to display your 715, we have a Vietnam display going on the north side of the base of the temporary tower. We will have an M151, M38A1 and someone is bringing a PBR.
I found out that my 715 is 4 inches too wide for the car trailer that I have and it is too far to drive the rascal.

hwcurtice

Looks like we're in for a Saturday visit. So much stuff happening this weekend....

Oh, and I get to tow my trailer again. Can't turn down free admission...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks