• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle alignment

Mass Ownage

I did a couple searches and wasn't able to find anything on this. I am Bobbing my truck. I have the springs mounted and just got my u-bolts so i can mount the axle. Looking at the axle housing, I don't see where the alignment pins will be of much use when using the M105 springs. This is just at first glance, I wanted to get some info from you guys before I got started. Are most of you not using the pins? I know I have to notch my lift block for the seam on the center of the housing. I was trying to figure the easiest way to ensure the axle is centered left to right. I'm assuming its just the good old tape measurer and a sharpie... Thanks for your input guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are you using for a spring perch? You will need a perch and it should have a pilot hole for the center pin of the spring or block. You can't just attach a spring or block right to the housing and expect it to stay put.