• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used 34079 as the number... and Forest green as the name, 2 separate searches. forgot about the forest green one.

I was looking at the screen. Basically a dialogue box with only an "OK" button would pop up and after pressing Ok, back to the search screen.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Searching by the number as a number has their computer try to match it to the number on one of their paint chips. Luckily it doesn't match Hello Kitty Pink or some such.

I've had luck telling them the name of the color is 34094 or the other 383 camo colors. Then they search and the full name is something like "FSC 34094" or "Federal Standard 34094" or something. And I say yes. They look confused. Sometimes I'll explain, sometimes not. Managed to get the three colors for woodland and the desert tan this way.

SturmTyger380

I had problems with Home Depot finding FS 34079 as well. I think that FS number was discontinued years ago.

What we did was he looked up FS 24079 which he was able to find and then just use a flat base. Looks good to me.

Here are the color examples.

View attachment 583262

Attachments

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had problems with Home Depot finding FS 34079 as well. I think that FS number was discontinued years ago.

What we did was he looked up FS 24079 which he was able to find and then just use a flat base. Looks good to me.

Here are the color examples.

View attachment 583262
Did you have the same with the rest of the MERDC colors? the green is the base and required, but I need the other 3 colors as well...

---rhurey, sounds good, I'll try again on Thursday.

will look for any input really, have a window to do this, and it's not going to be uber long.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah after we struggled with the FS34079 he found the others I was looking for FS34102, FS34151, FS37038. I was getting the Behr Marquee Flat outdoor paint.

Worked like a charm. everything came out and the paint splotches look spot on to the MASSTER book.

Now just gotta wait for the rain to pass to get the truck masked and start sanding/painting.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Worked like a charm. everything came out and the paint splotches look spot on to the MASSTER book.

Now just gotta wait for the rain to pass to get the truck masked and start sanding/painting.
Bikeman I'd like to see this when your done. I have an early AF Deuce that is originally MERDC and I really want to redo it. When I get back down to NC might have to take a spin down and check it out.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bikeman I'd like to see this when your done. I have an early AF Deuce that is originally MERDC and I really want to redo it. When I get back down to NC might have to take a spin down and check it out.
Not a problem. Now if the rain would let up, I could actually attempt to sand, prime and paint it. It's going to be a busy work before I (hopefully) start work next week.

Another Ahab

View attachment 589191

Behr Desert Tan from Home Depot....excellent paint -
That is a most excellent welding trailer you got fabbed-up there, robson1015; a real beauty. [thumbzup]

I'm wonderingr about the oxygen tank though, is it legal to have it laying on its side like that (you know, the regulator being a potential missile and all)?

Something in the back of my mind says that they're always supposed to be upright, but maybe that's just a recommendation and not a statute. Do you know?

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All tanks and I believe and I could be wrong while in transit they cannot have regulators on.
The caps have to be on.

Another Ahab

View attachment 589191

Behr Desert Tan from Home Depot....excellent paint -
That is a most excellent welding trailer you got fabbed-up there, robson1015; a real beauty. [thumbzup]

I'm wondering about the oxygen tank though, is it legal to have it laying on its side like that (you know, the regulator being a potential missile and all)?

Something in the back of my mind says that they're always supposed to be upright, but maybe that's just a recommendation and not a statute. Do you know?
It's a OSHA thing our nitrogen tanks must be upright.
All tanks and I believe and I could be wrong while in transit they cannot have regulators on.
The caps have to be on.
Were you aware of the OSHA regs, robson1015?

They might not apply to you as long as you don't contract for outside work. But there is a reason for the regs, and you'll want to consider the reasoning (especially driving in a cab in the "firing zone" of that regulator). You don't want to get hurt. Easy enough to mount the two tanks vertically fore-and-aft it looks like.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've always seen them transported upright with the caps screwed on, the regulators come off easy enough so it's not much of a hassle to switch between the 2.

tobyS

Nice trailer and tools! I have a similar setup with a Ford truck rear clip and Hobart welder. My LP is upright and oxygen tank laid down. I like it laid down to keep the CG low and make it easier to slide in and out. Do you have a cover? I use heavy canvas but it still blows in the wind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks