• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

AZK9

Nice truck AZK9. Are those 9.00 or 11.00 tires?

If your paint had long enough to set up and isn't bleeding from the rain by now, I doubt that it will. I painted a test area on an M105 and first it rained then snowed and it still hardened up fine.
Hi tobyS...

The tires are 9.00 in size. They're T-Hawks that are in pretty nice condition.

I think you are correct about the 'setting up'. We just finished in time for the paint
to 'shield' itself from the damage that the rain could have caused in the event the storms
had come earlier. We were very lucky! No bleeding and none washed off! :D

USMC 00-08

View attachment 602174View attachment 602175
Starting our next MV project! I did have some trouble this time at HD with the code, for some reason they had trouble with the 24087?

But we worked it out!
Is this a picture of the 24087 that HD mixed up? It looks much more green than what they did for me. Could you post up a picture of the paint code they put on top of the can so I can get a sample to try? I like the color of your Jeep!

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a picture of the 24087 that HD mixed up? It looks much more green than what they did for me. Could you post up a picture of the paint code they put on top of the can so I can get a sample to try? I like the color of your Jeep!
M38 Behr Code.png
This is what we come up with after several attempts, it's a close match to the 24087!

Good Luck

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I feel the pain, we went through maybe 6/8 try's, this was the closest to our match! Hope it works for you!

whistlepig

Another behr paint job made possible by this 002.jpgthread and the paint and bodywork section. Thanks to everyone that has ever contributed info on the subject.

DanM7890

Since this seems to be the main Behr paint page I'll keep it updated. My goal with my truck was to match the doors/top/turn/brake housing color. I went with Desert Tan under the Federal Standard list. Here is the code for a gallon that I used and also the black I used for the grill.

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

Before & After
IMG_0885.jpgIMG_1195.jpg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
$10 off behr gallons at home depot thru the 30th. Lets get em painted! Coupons at paint desk

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
28 here in Tennessee. Its an onine submission for the rebate. Still savings

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Loco_Hosa

Just picked up a mostly straight M1009 that someone had painted white. There is some surface rust poking through the paint, and IMHO, white on a CUCV seems wrong.

I want to get a flat, durable, military style texture. Desert sand color. Please correct any part of my process that wouldn't help towards that goal. I'm concerned about latex paint and rust as well....

Step 1: Remove wheels and mask off brakes, lights and windows. (What else does the military mask off?)

Step 2: Sand the surface rust off with 80 grit sandpaper, 220 grit for the rest of the truck.

Step 3: Any areas that have been taken to bare metal get hit with “rust converter primer“ (any brand recommendations? How long should I wait to spray the new paint after?)

Step 4: Thin the paint with water since it will be sprayed using harbor freight 47016 gravity feed spray gun, then aply thin coats 4 hours apart.

Step 5: Allow by 30 days for paint to fully harden.

Am I missing anything? I've never painted a vehicle before and I'm a bit nervous. This truck is missing the military bumpers and has chrome instead, can these be painted at the same time?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up a mostly straight M1009 that someone had painted white. There is some surface rust poking through the paint, and IMHO, white on a CUCV seems wrong.

I want to get a flat, durable, military style texture. Desert sand color. Please correct any part of my process that wouldn't help towards that goal. I'm concerned about latex paint and rust as well....

Step 1: Remove wheels and mask off brakes, lights and windows. (What else does the military mask off?)

Step 2: Sand the surface rust off with 80 grit sandpaper, 220 grit for the rest of the truck.

Step 3: Any areas that have been taken to bare metal get hit with “rust converter primer“ (any brand recommendations? How long should I wait to spray the new paint after?)

Step 4: Thin the paint with water since it will be sprayed using harbor freight 47016 gravity feed spray gun, then aply thin coats 4 hours apart.

Step 5: Allow by 30 days for paint to fully harden.

Am I missing anything? I've never painted a vehicle before and I'm a bit nervous. This truck is missing the military bumpers and has chrome instead, can these be painted at the same time?

You're taking this WAY too seriously.. :D

remove the headlights/tail lights

rub grease on anything you don't want painted.

Paint.

remove grease.

:D

Another Ahab

I don't think that chrome will take paint (even if you abrade it first with sandpaper no matter what the grit).

Somebody else will have to chime in here, but I think you need to strip the chrome off first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks