• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr Paint Jobs- Show me your MV's

Another Ahab

I can’t remember if i shared my paint job for the 1123 here or not, but here she was. Pressure washed with purple power, any rust spots neutralized, sprayed using my MTVR as a dry clean air source, and shot through a harbor freight $20 gun.
View attachment 888704
That paint job looks right clean-and-mean, Elijah95. Excellent!

I'm a little dull-witted sometimes, but what is purple power, a cleaning solvent/additive?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
That paint job looks right clean-and-mean, Elijah95. Excellent!

I'm a little dull-witted sometimes, but what is purple power, a cleaning solvent/additive?
Thanks! Yes it’s a relatively moderate grade degreaser/cleaner i like to pressure wash my trucks with. Put it 50/50 in a pump at sprayer, let it sit 5 minutes and have at it. 100% for mud stained tires and engine bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plym49

This is my 24087 completed just before 4th of July. This was a color match and it IS a bit lighter compared to my jeep which was also done in 24087. As others have stated, I have had zero success in home depot getting ANY worker to find the FSS colors and I've been using behr for over 10 years. I do have the paint code for this, but it's not "true" 24087.

View attachment 879077
View attachment 879078
View attachment 879079
View attachment 879080
View attachment 879081
View attachment 879082
View attachment 879083
View attachment 879084
Would you be kind enough to post the color codes for that particular witches' brew?

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we decided on the behr treatment. FS686 desert tan. Filled in all the holes with bolts, pressure washed inside and out, put dtm primer on the new metal and scrapped and applied to all the corroded metal.
Found that they left one piece of armor plate on the slant back. 3/8in thick. Top is 1/2in aluminum.
Slantback is 1/4in aluminum.
Brushed, rolled, tipped. Mixed results but much easier than spraying. Takes longer than spraying but can be done in sections.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Got my Behr paint job done today! It's still drying in this picture. I still need to do the rims, bed, fender wells, etc. but it's looking pretty good to so far.

Ignore the door creases. Soldiers are hard on stuff. :mrgreen:

Edit to remove cuss word. I forgot what forum I was on. :grin:
Nice lookin Paint Job.
Nice sheetmetal too from what I can see...

belted_guns

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 1151a1 paint job survived the dfw storm. I decided to put our cars in the garage and put the 51 outside. Figured it could handle the hail better. But we were in the middle of prepping the doors for paint so had to put them back together and hang them.
Found that the window seals are more like dust seals. Water dripped down the inside of the doors.

Attachments

Terra1936

Well, we decided on the behr treatment. FS686 desert tan. Filled in all the holes with bolts, pressure washed inside and out, put dtm primer on the new metal and scrapped and applied to all the corroded metal.
Found that they left one piece of armor plate on the slant back. 3/8in thick. Top is 1/2in aluminum.
Slantback is 1/4in aluminum.
Brushed, rolled, tipped. Mixed results but much easier than spraying. Takes longer than spraying but can be done in sections.
Did you use flowtrol?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks