• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Behr paint test.

3rdmdqm

I'm doing a full frame off restoration on a '68 Deuce. I have found the Behr Marquee I am using very soft, dings easily even up to two weeks after painting. I'm assuming it will take the full 8 weeks to harden properly and getting the painted parts out in the sun to cure for full durability, however this has concerned me. What I have found that has worked really well for me is using a cheap Wagner old school power sprayer (airless), thinning the paint with water approx. 1 ounce per quart. Paint flows nicely and looks really good. Any more water than that you risk runs, any less you risk a textured look. So far so good, the only issue I'm concerned about is the hardness of the paint. My primary question is, if you paint the exhaust stack with Behr latex paint, will it hold up or cook off due to extreme heat?

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't believe painting the stack with Behr paint would be a good idea. Besides the heat you have contraction and expansion and that may make the paint flake off over time. If you do paint it with the Behr please keep us updated on the performance. Interesting question.

Mark

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks