• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best place to buy Deuce Selectro Hubs

DieselBob

Won't save much on fuel unless you do a boat load of miles. Won't really save any on tire wear either. Will save a little on wear and tear on front end item like steering knuckle "U" joints, stub axle hub bushing and front drive shaft "U" joints. Might cut down on vibration some sense you don't have all the front end parts spinning all the time. Won't help with the steering radius. You still have the 8 tires on the back trying to push you straight due to the fact there is no inter-axle differential. 2cents

spicergear

The hubs came about two hours ago. They don't go on as easy as you would think. I struggled to get the bolts in for quite a while until I realized that I was going to have to ream the holes just a bit. I think that the spacer plate has it's holes located correctly, but the hubs were not quite right. I was able to put two bolts on then use a 1/2" drill to perform a little field expedience on them. After that, the bolts were just tight instead of impossible to install. I will be contacting Mile Marker about their quality control for sure. If they are going to make the holes snug on the bolts, they need to be in the right spots!

The upside is the hubs are on and they work as they should.
I had this EXACT SAME PROBLEM with the MM hubs I purchased in 2005! The bolt circle in the hub is small by maybe .030 and doesn't allow the bolts to engage the spacer. I used the spacer to keep the drill straight and bored them from the spacer into the hub to open the hole up. That stinks because I contacted them about bolt circle problem. Great hubs though, I put a pretty good beating on them over the last six years they were on Velvet. Make sure the big O-ring under the cap stays lubricated or you'll get water in them if you go in the deep. Still, great hubs and I really liked the low profile of them.