• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

BFR Metals, Salina Kansas, a Goodie Hole

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
davesgmc and I are picking up a trailer at Riley in the morning Thursday and then coming out to your place after that. I need a fix, I have been Jonesing. Not to worry truck is full of gas, this time!:jumpin:

91W350

davesgmc and I are picking up a trailer at Riley in the morning Thursday and then coming out to your place after that. I need a fix, I have been Jonesing. Not to worry truck is full of gas, this time!:jumpin:
Are you picking up that old trailer here as well? Pete has been relentless on getting trucks done and prepped. We have been shipping out at least a dozen a day.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I will get it next Friday with a flat bed trailer. Dave's wanting 800 trans, I'm after 800 frame extensions, hard top and the MC I didn't get last time and nick nacks. Plus still trying to figure what the handle thingy is!

91W350

Glen, do you ship tires out on pallets?
I really do not have time to mess with shipping quotes, I can stack and strap them on a pallet and give a total weight. I really hate strapping tires as I had a set cut by banding even though we used cardboard and rubber pads between the banding and the tires.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
davesgmc and I both had the day off yesterday so out to Ft Riley to pick up a M1101 trailer then to Glens for some parts. We got out there mid morning and it was a beautiful T-shirt spring day in Kansas. Unfortunately for us we didn't beat the crusher, all the 800's had already met their fate in the jaws of death and two of the 900's got it while we were there. Good thing is that Glens boss as allowed him a couple of workers that help him remove and save the good parts off these trucks and the "military" yard is getting cleaned up of all the extra scrap that was out there. So Dave got a overdrive trans for Elmo, I got the winch frame extensions to put a CDN patio on the front of my M818 and we didn't have to turn a wrench to get our goodies. Sad part is the piles of beds are getting taller, each one of the beds is a scalp of a fallen MV. Only down side of the trip was me finding the only quick mud hole that sucked me in knee deep and as I tried to get out, pulled my shoe off and was so deep in the goo had to get a shovel to dig it out.
The 2 900's were complete non running trucks when we got there and were smelter fodder when we left a few hours later. If a truck comes in with flats even if they look good, Glen will not keep them and has the crushed along with the remains. He has more Goodyear and Michelin stacked up out there than most dealers. Glen, in the blue shirt, davesgmc in camo had enough time to finally install a NOS bow and cover kit on his 1102 trailer, we would have helped but were kids in a candy store 004.jpg013.jpg017.jpg007.jpg008.jpg001.jpg002.jpg

junkin! Glen thank you again for letting us roam the yard.005.jpg004.jpg013.jpg017.jpg008.jpg007.jpg001.jpg002.jpg

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Really there was only the one MUD spot. The real fun came on the west edge of Topeka when I shelled out the left front wheel bearing and hub on the 77 M890 and trusted Oriley to get us the right parts....WRONG!

003.jpg002.jpg001.jpgThe wheel was shelled and Oriley ended up getting the wrong one . With night coming we pushed what was left of the outer race farther into the wheel then got as much of the new outer bearing seated and went home. Got car quest to get the real parts along with a new set of pads and now the old dodge is good to go.

Attachments

Last edited:
Glen, you mentioned early possibly having transportation for stuff to Kansas City. If that's possible I would be very interested in a fuel tank to turn into an aux unit for my little MEP.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Don't know what he gets for them but I would say he has at least 40+ 900 series fuel tanks out there 006.jpg that is just a small pile on the left from the recently squashed trucks. I could get it as far east as De Soto Ks for you next Friday. I am planning on going back to pick up my M10 trailer Glen saved for me.m10.jpgm10a.jpg

Last edited:

91W350

I can get it to Kansas City easy enough, our GM is from Kansas City and usually goes home on Fridays or Saturdays. He now lives in Pleasant Hill, but he would gladly meet you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks