• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bought an M35A2, with a unique addition

Danspomer

Any of you in “the know…”

I need a contact in the Denver, CO area for a deuce mechanic. Nothing major, just routine maintenance. Private guy or shop is fine.

I fear that my shop down south is going to leave me hanging.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Danspomer

Any of you in “the know…”

I need a contact in the Denver, CO area for a deuce mechanic. Nothing major, just routine maintenance. Private guy or shop is fine.

I fear that my shop down south is going to leave me hanging.

Any suggestions are most welcome.
update: all is well.

Danspomer

All is well. Had a long talk with the mechanic on Friday. Comparing notes and timelines can be important. I feel much better about things.
After doing some more research, what’s up with this?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After doing some more research, what’s up with this?

Lots of inaccurate descriptive text in that article.

REALLY??? Only 7 left?
Where are the Facebook FACT CHECKERS?

Danspomer

One is nosy and waiting for an update from @Danspomer
I guess it HAS been awhile, eh?

I stored the truck in a local barn this last winter and found a great local mechanic. We rebuilt damn near every system back to new- brakes, hubs, engine, fluids, hoses… you name it, we did it. So basically the truck is mechanically “brand new.”

Then I did a new paint job. The color scheme is to match the vegetation colors on our land, and I don’t think it turned out bad at all!

then came the “hurry up and wait,” as we sold our home in the Denver area and bought a home down close to our land. I’ve been tinkering with truck all year, replacing gauges, data plates, painting the cab and dash, a couple of new tires up front…

Then I drove the truck to Monte Vista, over La Veta Pass, where a crane repair company is located. They unloaded the crane, and it is currently there, soon to be assessed and repaired. With any luck, I’ll be taking the truck back there this spring to have it mounted.

In the meantime, the truck sits in front of the house, and I occasionally take it out for a spin, and even visit the local veteran’s center for a show. And of course, I tinker with it all the time!

I’m attaching a few pics so you can see the progress. Comments and feedback are most welcome!

Attachments

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it runs as well as it looks you have indeed made a ton of progress! It looks sharp. Can't wait to see it with the crane. I bet, as soon as you have the puppy mounted, the truck will see non-stop service around the property.

Danspomer

If it runs as well as it looks you have indeed made a ton of progress! It looks sharp. Can't wait to see it with the crane. I bet, as soon as you have the puppy mounted, the truck will see non-stop service around the property.
It DOES run fantastic. The trip to Monte Vista and back was 180 miles and one mountain pass. No drips, no leaks, no overheating, just a nice casual 26 mph in 3rd gear up the east side of the pass. 😂

I’ll post another pic of the cab interior when the weather clears.

And yes, I’ll certainly be busy when that crane gets mounted!

Danspomer

So… here are a couple shots of the cab… completely repainted, almost all new data plates (the others are on the way, and I had a custom one made for the ID plate) new steering wheel, a couple of new gauges, air wipers fixed and working, my one attempt at humor with a “deuce” pool ball shift knob, hearing protector brackets and a couple of really awesome battery windshield fans, which I can charge with the 24/12-120 volt inverter.

I also installed a set of LED flashing white/yellow lights on the front and rear bumpers. I would post video, but apparently you can’t here.

I also put on an exhaust pipe flapper, cleaned up the lighting wiring (everything works), and, of course, the obligatory California “dirty idle” badge. 😉

I’m pretty proud of how she looks.

Attachments

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So… here are a couple shots of the cab… completely repainted, almost all new data plates (the others are on the way, and I had a custom one made for the ID plate) new steering wheel, a couple of new gauges, air wipers fixed and working, my one attempt at humor with a “deuce” pool ball shift knob, hearing protector brackets and a couple of really awesome battery windshield fans, which I can charge with the 24/12-120 volt inverter.

I also installed a set of LED flashing white/yellow lights on the front and rear bumpers. I would post video, but apparently you can’t here.

I also put on an exhaust pipe flapper, cleaned up the lighting wiring (everything works), and, of course, the obligatory California “dirty idle” badge. 😉

I’m pretty proud of how she looks.
Nice job, she looks great! I like the shifter knob. Just an FYI, you can post a video to youtube, and then share (copy/paste) the link here. Congrats on your progress!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks