• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bring the chat list back to the main page!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No update from the vendor yet. (Shocker.....) However, I have been given the green light on the other chat software if this doesn't work out!

dmetalmiki

Remember the good old days when the chat list was on the main page?
You could see who was in chat.
I remember there being 50+ people in chat a night!
great friends and a lot of good talk and info was shared.
Can we go back to that please!!
In the last 5 years (ish) chat has for the most part sucked.
It used to be a great resource, now its just bla.

2cents
just tried to lg in to the flash chat and got "file error" ohwell..It was nice to see the list of people talking and their topics, which (then) promted one to join in, or just enjoy watching. It would be nice to see the orriginal layout re-instated if possible. (these long dark nights( here in the U.K.))

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Absalutely, great comments,(yes yes and yes) not just what was there. How it was shown there.
Which I pointed out it was broken prior, it was limping along for the past year or so now. The link was the only way I could make it work.

just tried to lg in to the flash chat and got "file error" ohwell..It was nice to see the list of people talking and their topics, which (then) promted one to join in, or just enjoy watching. It would be nice to see the orriginal layout re-instated if possible. (these long dark nights( here in the U.K.))
Didn't read my post huh?

And now it's completely dead in the water and totally non functional.

I emailed the vendor asking/pleading, we'll see....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmmm, tried to log into chat to see who was there, apparently my screen name and log in are no good. Yikes

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmm, tried to log into chat to see who was there, apparently my screen name and log in are no good. Yikes
Hmmm.....

And now it's completely dead in the water and totally non functional.

I emailed the vendor asking/pleading, we'll see....
No update from the vendor yet. (Shocker.....) However, I have been given the green light on the other chat software if this doesn't work out!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there was a line from Col Nathan Jessup from the movie "A Few Good Men". Went something like this. "Well, don't I feel like a &^$$ing a$$hole!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Right above the link to chat there is a header that says "Chat'. Can this be changed to "Broken"?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, the Chat link is now missing! :patracy:

dmetalmiki

Wish the old messroom chat was back

Read on a post recently that the flash chat was the way to go. Well I've tried to register (why?) when allready signed in, (and or sign in), but all that happens is a message "unknown error". bring back the old. once signed in to the main site you were good to go.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish members would post on existing threads so I didn't need to merge threads for an hour every day.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, it's back to working better than it was. Still working on getting it to display a list of who actually is in, instead of just a number.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks