• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bring the chat list back to the main page!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the same white "chat" box on my iphone.

The PC with Chrome has the yellow "PM" box.

Bo1

Chat must not be working for mobile devices at the moment. I have tried getting in all morning on my ipad, and it still is not working. I will try later this evening.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Chat must not be working for mobile devices at the moment. I have tried getting in all morning on my ipad, and it still is not working. I will try later this evening.
Yup, still working out the bugs.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not complaining but if you are able to figure out a way to keep the chat tab small when the mobile user zooms in, that would be great. It shrinks. If only it would stay smaller. I know, work in progress. Sucks not having a puter.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I don't know what Drew's thoughts are on it but Mangus hated it and I think he's the one that got rid of it.

I'm in the mess hall right now, all alone.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm indifferent to it. But this chat system is more involved and less "toy-ish". (When I saw the demo at least) I've heard back from the vendor. Unfortunately they sent me an email at 01:07 this morning. And it appears they're 10 hours ahead. They're online for another 2hrs, maybe I'll hear back from them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ugh, the time delay makes this a slow process. Got another email about it. (They said to check the permissions on a file, I had already checked it.) Problem is, it was at 2am. They'll be online for a few more hours, maybe I'll hear back.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm indifferent to it. But this chat system is more involved and less "toy-ish". (When I saw the demo at least) I've heard back from the vendor. Unfortunately they sent me an email at 01:07 this morning. And it appears they're 10 hours ahead. They're online for another 2hrs, maybe I'll hear back from them.
Are these the same folks that keep calling about my internet account from India?:naner:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately most software support divisions are now based in other countries. Typically though, they tailor their hours to reflect ours.

Anyhow, it's more functional now. But I have more tweaking to get it like I want. (Clearly display the chatrooms, have the bar dismissible, exc.)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have yet to see what "bar" you guys are talking about.

I have the little yellow Instant PM (0) at the bottom right of my screen but that's it.

And I don't see it when I'm drinking anyway..........

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there going to be anyway to turn off this bar on bottom of the page?
Thanks

Click on the double down arrow on the far right of the bar. It will turn to a small chat bubble. I've still got a few things I'm working on with the bar. Right now it's only displaying who's online for IM but no count for the chatroom. There's a few more bells and whistles to come as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks