• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bring the chat list back to the main page!!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, I've got it working now to show count number and users. I'm going to spruce up that section with some more HTML formating. But it's working.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The chats days are numbered. Like till tomorrow. I'm going to uninstall it.

But fear not. Something better is coming. ;)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The chats days are numbered. Like till tomorrow. I'm going to uninstall it.

But fear not. Something better is coming. ;)

Reminds me of the day my Dad was teaching me how to swim in the deep lake. It wasn't bad after I managed to get out of that burlap sack!:papabear:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bye bye old chat. Now that there's room cleared. I can bring in the new. Hope to have the new chat live by tomorrow.

Bo1

I have often dropped into chat, or looked to see if anyone was in the room. I have never seen one person in chat, only an older conversation. I have often wondered why chat was not popular on here. Some of the best friends I have made, and conversations I have had are from a chat room on another reloading forum. Anywhere from 4 to 15 of us are usually in the room visiting and drinking coffee every morning, and discussing everything from topics on the forum to how our kids and grand kids are doing. I think an active chat room here would be benaficial to many who are wanting to just visit, meet new MV enthusiasts, and learn from those who are experienced. JMHO
Bo

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I have often dropped into chat, or looked to see if anyone was in the room. I have never seen one person in chat, only an older conversation. I have often wondered why chat was not popular on here. Some of the best friends I have made, and conversations I have had are from a chat room on another reloading forum. Anywhere from 4 to 15 of us are usually in the room visiting and drinking coffee every morning, and discussing everything from topics on the forum to how our kids and grand kids are doing. I think an active chat room here would be benaficial to many who are wanting to just visit, meet new MV enthusiasts, and learn from those who are experienced. JMHO
Bo
It used to be that way on here to. We would have anywhere from 10 to 20 plus folks on EVERY evening, and I think the record was close to 30ish. Occasionally, Zout, TWM and AL Harvey. and I will chat for a while still but rarely see anyone else in CHAT.

Maybe this new and improved version will bring back some of the "chatters"??

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
It used to be that way on here to. We would have anywhere from 10 to 20 plus folks on EVERY evening, and I think the record was close to 30ish. Occasionally, Zout, TWM and AL Harvey. and I will chat for a while still but rarely see anyone else in CHAT.

Maybe this new and improved version will bring back some of the "chatters"??
The new chat will be much more "involved" in access here. And much more modern.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well the software installed without problem. But it's not updating properly yet. It's functional, but stuck on a mobile theme right now. The "correct" view should look like a task bar that follows the bottom of the screen. I've reached out to the vendor. You can use the chatroom in there, but you have to click on the clouds next to the house icon. That will bring up the chatroom.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any way to dismiss the task bar. Any time I zoom in (pinch open) the dang thing takes up half the screen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks