• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Broken fuel pump pushrod

ANG3CHEAPSHOT

I don’t mean to be hijacking this thread. Will start a separate thread on my growing list of modifications later. But answering your question and related to the original fuel pump replacement you started this thread with;
Fuel pump is a “Raptor R1SBU369”. Comes factory preset at 8 psi.
Fuel filter is a “Racor Fuel Filter / Water Separator 500FGSS, using a 10 micron filter cartridge“.
I disassembled and painted it black myself.
Various fittings and fuel hose sourced from Vulcan Performance and NAPA.
Placement of these on your MV is entirely up to you. I mounted them where MogMan placed his because I can stand right next to them and service them at waist height. It is the most logical placement on the Humvee.
I suggest using mounting plates with 1/4” rubber pads on both sides of the plastic splashguard to mitigate vibration, distribute the weight, and not risk cracking the plastic. I cut the pads from a 96 inch roll of rubber purchased from Tractor Supply. I used some stainless plates I had laying around my extremely cluttered shop. Have moved them around countless times in the past thinking I would eventually have use for them. Maybe someone out there in the SS community can relate to that. My family says I am a hoarder…..they just don’t understand!
Thank you for your interest. I am close to completing the mod and will post pictures when complete. Please post pictures of your’s, if and when.
I don’t mean to be hijacking this thread. Will start a separate thread on my growing list of modifications later. But answering your question and related to the original fuel pump replacement you started this thread with;
Fuel pump is a “Raptor R1SBU369”. Comes factory preset at 8 psi.
Fuel filter is a “Racor Fuel Filter / Water Separator 500FGSS, using a 10 micron filter cartridge“.
I disassembled and painted it black myself.
Various fittings and fuel hose sourced from Vulcan Performance and NAPA.
Placement of these on your MV is entirely up to you. I mounted them where MogMan placed his because I can stand right next to them and service them at waist height. It is the most logical placement on the Humvee.
I suggest using mounting plates with 1/4” rubber pads on both sides of the plastic splashguard to mitigate vibration, distribute the weight, and not risk cracking the plastic. I cut the pads from a 96 inch roll of rubber purchased from Tractor Supply. I used some stainless plates I had laying around my extremely cluttered shop. Have moved them around countless times in the past thinking I would eventually have use for them. Maybe someone out there in the SS community can relate to that. My family says I am a hoarder…..they just don’t understand!
Thank you for your interest. I am close to completing the mod and will post pictures when complete. Please post pictures of your’s, if and when.
do you know if there is a comparable fuel filter/water separator for the Racon 500FGSS? I’m not sure what the FGSS stands for. That particular model seems to be sold out everywhere.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
do you know if there is a comparable fuel filter/water separator for the Racon 500FGSS? I’m not sure what the FGSS stands for. That particular model seems to be sold out everywhere.
Actually, I don’t know what it stands for either. Just buy a Racor 500FG10 from RacorStore.com. They are in stock and performance specs are the same. I notice the FGSS has a yellow bowl, FG10 has a clear one.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just use a filter adapter and a spin on water separator/filter like the Wix 33405 or equivalent, 14 micron is plenty good for this application and I would be a little weary about having a plastic bowl in the wheel well. and something that would work is available at just about any auto parts store if needed.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just use a filter adapter and a spin on water separator/filter like the Wix 33405 or equivalent, 14 micron is plenty good for this application and I would be a little weary about having a plastic bowl in the wheel well. and something that would work is available at just about any auto parts store if needed.
Yes, countless ways to do this. Mine is not definitive. The request was for a list of my parts. Racor offers filter cartridges in 2, 10, or 30 microns. Their site recommends 10 microns for this system. I should add that these identical Racor filter/water separator systems are used primarily in offshore watercraft where clogged/contaminated fuel delivery is not an acceptable option. They certainly provide a higher degree of performance than a basic filter more commonly used on generators and tractors.
When my installation is complete it will also include a rubber splash guard surrounding it to prevent accidental damage. An effective system can be assembled with more expensive components, or cheapened according to one’s budget and desired level of performance and reliability.

Last edited:

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, yeah I’m currently looking for the strongest magnet that will fit. You think it’s a bad idea to crank the motor over briefly to eject it out?
Back on topic. Let’s see, where were we, oh yeah, did you get the broken fuel pump shaft removed?

ANG3CHEAPSHOT

Back on topic. Let’s see, where were we, oh yeah, did you get the broken fuel pump shaft removed?
Yes removing the broken pump wasn’t the problem. It was that damn pushrod that was broke and stuck. I am about to remount the old fuel pump once I figure out the correct size fittings for the fuel inlets to plug them up on the pump.

Reactions: OBX
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks