• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cargo Floor Section

revhrd

Does anyone happen to have a section of the cargo floor that is able to part with it? On my M998 it came with the "upgraded" access panel for the fuel pump. But it was a hack job and I'd like to make it better. I know it's a long shot but I figured it's worth a try before looking elsewhere.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone happen to have a section of the cargo floor that is able to part with it? On my M998 it came with the "upgraded" access panel for the fuel pump. But it was a hack job and I'd like to make it better. I know it's a long shot but I figured it's worth a try before looking elsewhere.
It’s not for the fuel pump, it’s for the sending unit for the fuel gauge.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can easily make that out of fiberglass or sheet aluminum flashing.

revhrd

It’s not for the fuel pump, it’s for the sending unit for the fuel gauge.
Correct, at the time of posting this I had not looked at the parts manual. After a bit of research, I can see that the pump is inline. I had read about the filter sock here and jumped the gun into thinking that it was a typical in the fuel tank pump. Is there ever a reason to unbolt the rectangle cover? The current cutout, while not clean, does give me the ability to uninstall the sending unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks