• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Check your fuel pump!!!

kennys@wi.rr.com

I too have the screws. What I did was to clean it all real good to start, then spray them with a good penitrating oil, leave sit over night while you pray. Then try. Also make sure you are using the correct size screw driver bit, so many people think they are one size fits all. If all else fails try an impact screw driver. I used one on my door hinges and it worked great. That is the kind you hit with a hammer and it backs the screw out. Best of luck.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had some of those issues when I was working on our fuel probs this winter. Ended up using an old screw driver to cold chisel a groove into the side and turning it that way . . . w/ a hammer and a chisel.
I then replaced all of those screws w/ allen headed screws . . . no more probs. Details here post 32 Photo

Last edited:

onegmjack

I just took a 1/4 inch drive phillips bit and small hammer tap them a few time and they came out.The one that came up and got tight I used vice gripes.They all came out fairly easy.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
dont forget to check your pump depth before you cut your hose to length. when i checked my pump, it was sitting 2" higher than what was recomended by the TM.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the clearance between the pump and the bottom of the tank supposed to be?
15.1" from the top plate to the bottom of the pump, . . . and you are waiting for "submersible fuel" line . . . right?

Last edited:

Katahdin

I can already tell removing those screws is going to suck
If it makes you feel better we 109ers need to remove the entire tank before we can raise up the pump--not enough clearance between the tank and van body...

Mine threaded out OK tho. I wanted to replace the philips screws with hexagon heads but the local ACE didn't carry them, I ended up replacing mine with combo slotted-philips head screws.

Last edited: