• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Chevy/Ford Body on deuce frame??

Danger Ranger

Cool idea. I saw this on my way to work a few months back. Didn't get a chance to stop and look it over. But still, a neat concept. Anyone recognize it?
It belongs to a guy on this site I believe....you will have to look around for it here, but Im sure there is a thread on it.

SteelWarrior

I had this same thought because I wanted much more room in the cab for people and gear. The Deuce cab is pretty skinny and the other cabs - like the Kodiak 45,5500 and such - use the whole width of the cab. Plus, I REALLY like the look of the 4 door ones a lot of municipalities are using. You could prob fit one of those bench-like seats in the back that fold down into a bed (properly framed) because the seatbelts actually anchor to the floor.

uberredneck

Cool idea. I saw this on my way to work a few months back. Didn't get a chance to stop and look it over. But still, a neat concept. Anyone recognize it?
That is pretty much what I have planned with the second Deuce i'll be purchasing, quick question though... how would you go about registering this vehicle?? Would it still be considered an M35A2 or would you have to get some other sort of registration?

Thanks

rustystud

That is pretty much what I have planned with the second Deuce i'll be purchasing, quick question though... how would you go about registering this vehicle?? Would it still be considered an M35A2 or would you have to get some other sort of registration?

Thanks
Out here in Washington your body determines what you have. So if you install a Chevy cab, then it's a Chevy .

uberredneck

Out here in Washington your body determines what you have. So if you install a Chevy cab, then it's a Chevy .

hmmmm, thanks for the quick reply. I'm moving from Virginia back down to FL but I dont remember the laws as far as hotrodding goes down there (Different Body on Different Chassis) if anyone has any input it would be much appreciated. Starting the build and thread for this monster in June 2014. :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

Any new info on this build…I recently scored a dodge 3500 4door long bed and have a 2.5 and 5 ton truck with rusty cans…thinking about doing the body swap…?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks