• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

Guyfang

Staff member
I am one of 3 Head Beaters, or Head Drivers here in the area. There is a large hunters group here in town. I started out a a normal "driver, in 1977. Over the years, lots of the drivers have gotten too old or passed on, and I have advanced to a "Leadership" position. I have a list of folks I can call on, when the hunters have an annual "Driven" hunt, or if someone sees a bunch of pigs. About 12-15 years ago, on a Sunday, came a call. We had snow on the ground, and that makes the pig hunt easy. Looks like two bulldozers have passed through town. I called everyone on the "Alert Roster" and got maybe 10-12 people, and with my two sons, it was enough. The pigs had been seen by the water pumping station, so we went up and got set. There were about 18-20 hunters. I got out, and opened the trunk, and got my pig stick. A pick handle, with a hole I drilled in the handle for some 440 cord, to slip around my wrist. My sons had the same. Everyone else had cut some branches off, that looked like something my Grandma would have used on me. They were all making jokes about "Thor's Hammer" and the like. We formed up, and I got in the middle with a small radio. called the hunters, and they were about 400 meters down hill, and almost ready. I called the flanks, and we were in a line about 60 meters wide. Flanks in place and ready. The hunters called and said "roll em". We started off, everything was easy and light hearted. People were singing out like a cow drive and beating on trees and brush. Just like it should be. We did not walk 50 meters, and all the sudden, the breast high weeds and brush, came alive! Instead of running down hill, into the hunters, the pigs ran up hill into us beaters! It sounded like a hundred of the suckers thundering our way! It was like a bad movie. You could not see the suckers, as the brush was too high, but when the brush started to part in front of you like a steam roller, the blood warmed up! I was screaming and beating at anything moving, or not moving. Get a solid hit twice. Pigs squealing and people screaming. Then the 4 rear hunters started in like WW2. I then started to scream at them to "not forget we are here!!" Then it was over. I looked around, and every one of the beaters was standing behind me and my sons. Not one had anything in the hand. Their little sticks long gone. They were all white faced and ready to go home. The hunters got 9 pigs. Two honkers, 170-180 Kg's (350-400 Lbs) Was surprised to see my sons in the middle of butchering operation, but proud as I could be. Oh, the next time I called the boys out for a Pig Drive, not one of them showed up with anything smaller then a maul handle, with 440 cord to keep it on the wrist. 😂 😂

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then youve heard the squal they put out when their hurt ! It will curl your toes the first couple times you hear it at 2 ft away then add darkness and your trying to get ahold of them hoves without them kicking straight into your fingers and breaking them in the chaos lol years later mike got kevlar breast plates for some of the most agresive dogs i wanted some to wear as leggins ! Youve got to keep them on their backs or someone will get hurt till u get those feet tied then u cant get near the front of them once u pull the dogs off of em cause they are out to get u till the end they hold a large grudge lol

Third From Texas

We do it a little different down in these parts.
I am one of 3 Head Beaters, or Head Drivers here in the area. There is a large hunters group here in town. I started out a a normal "driver, in 1977. Over the years, lots of the drivers have gotten too old or passed on, and I have advanced to a "Leadership" position. I have a list of folks I can call on, when the hunters have an annual "Driven" hunt, or if someone sees a bunch of pigs. About 12-15 years ago, on a Sunday, came a call. We had snow on the ground, and that makes the pig hunt easy. Looks like two bulldozers have passed through town. I called everyone on the "Alert Roster" and got maybe 10-12 people, and with my two sons, it was enough. The pigs had been seen by the water pumping station, so we went up and got set. There were about 18-20 hunters. I got out, and opened the trunk, and got my pig stick. A pick handle, with a hole I drilled in the handle for some 440 cord, to slip around my wrist. My sons had the same. Everyone else had cut some branches off, that looked like something my Grandma would have used on me. They were all making jokes about "Thor's Hammer" and the like. We formed up, and I got in the middle with a small radio. called the hunters, and they were about 400 meters down hill, and almost ready. I called the flanks, and we were in a line about 60 meters wide. Flanks in place and ready. The hunters called and said "roll em". We started off, everything was easy and light hearted. People were singing out like a cow drive and beating on trees and brush. Just like it should be. We did not walk 50 meters, and all the sudden, the breast high weeds and brush, came alive! Instead of running down hill, into the hunters, the pigs ran up hill into us beaters! It sounded like a hundred of the suckers thundering our way! It was like a bad movie. You could not see the suckers, as the brush was too high, but when the brush started to part in front of you like a steam roller, the blood warmed up! I was screaming and beating at anything moving, or not moving. Get a solid hit twice. Pigs squealing and people screaming. Then the 4 rear hunters started in like WW2. I then started to scream at them to "not forget we are here!!" Then it was over. I looked around, and every one of the beaters was standing behind me and my sons. Not one had anything in the hand. Their little sticks long gone. They were all white faced and ready to go home. The hunters got 9 pigs. Two honkers, 170-180 Kg's (350-400 Lbs) Was surprised to see my sons in the middle of butchering operation, but proud as I could be. Oh, the next time I called the boys out for a Pig Drive, not one of them showed up with anything smaller then a maul handle, with 440 cord to keep it on the wrist. 😂 😂

We do it a 'lil different down in these parts....

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do it with a M134 Minigun!

Would be nice if they could harvest some of them to carry to butcher for soup kitchens or folks that could use the meat ! And also ive been told by MANY helicopter pilots most x military to never get in a helicopter like those if its got a long shaft up to the rotors beware ! If the blades arnt close to the engine stay out !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do it with a M134 Minigun!

We do it a little different down in these parts.

We do it a 'lil different down in these parts....

The helicopter behind them in the picture is a Robinson R44 the most popular model for private use and the most dangerous with 296 crashes to their credit so get a good helicopter to take u pig hunting !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The helicopter behind them in the picture is a Robinson R44 the most popular model for private use and the most dangerous with 296 crashes to their credit so get a good helicopter to take u pig hunting !
Sad but true... I didn't really look at the chopper. I was more excited about the cute little spinning set of barrels. We lost two WBTV guys here in Charlotte on November 22, 2022. Pilot and Passenger. It was a Part 91 aerial observation flight and there were no distress calls. Three left handed circles (360) and the in the third they entered a rapid decent - crashing close to the southbound lanes of I-77.

NTSB has released the preliminary. Point of impact was 20 feet from the initial and the wind speed was 3 knots @ 340° and visibility was 10 miles. All of the important structural components and rotor blades were located within the main wreckage and everything was retained for further examination.

1678138219967.png

Third From Texas

I saw a clip of one auto-rotating in. Fortunately, the pilot was sharp and put it down with no injuries.

Found the clip. Mad skills. You can tell he thought about the road, but in an instand knew there was no joy:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad but true... I didn't really look at the chopper. I was more excited about the cute little spinning set of barrels. We lost two WBTV guys here in Charlotte on November 22, 2022. Pilot and Passenger. It was a Part 91 aerial observation flight and there were no distress calls. Three left handed circles (360) and the in the third they entered a rapid decent - crashing close to the southbound lanes of I-77.

NTSB has released the preliminary. Point of impact was 20 feet from the initial and the wind speed was 3 knots @ 340° and visibility was 10 miles. All of the important structural components and rotor blades were located within the main wreckage and everything was retained for further examination.

View attachment 892453
Where did you see a minigun in these videos i might need new glasses i see the end of a m-4 barrel ?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just go in a good bird like a charlie or H model huey or a ah/mh/oh-6 little bird so the hogs dont wind up feeding on you !
Everyone forgets the OH-58.....( I know.......)

Hughes 500 rocks!

Is it possible to make most of the "meat" into bacon?? Bacon is VERY popular, compared to Butt roast......

(Honest, idk if could be done or not.....)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks