• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked back at your photos. Be careful passing out those fake 100s, buddy. Remember, small bills are less noticeable.
Hope your happy ive been craving Good BBQ all day and it will be a while till my buddys place opens back up OMG its so freakin good im gona get 10 pounds of pulled pork and throw it in the kitchen floor and roll in it as soon as he opens !

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope your happy ive been craving Good BBQ all day and it will be a while till my buddys place opens back up OMG its so freakin good im gona get 10 pounds of pulled pork and throw it in the kitchen floor and roll in it as soon as he opens !
I have a sister who lives in Memphis, so I'm no stranger to good barbecue. Not sure rolling in it will improve the flavor, but hey whatever pops your pringle!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where or which is the best direction to go to replace the rubber grease cups on the steering linkage ball joints ? Do they make a split cup to place around the shaft without having to take the nut off go thru all that just put tie straps of some kind at top and bottom to hold it in place ? I dont think my back is quite ready to pull on breaking those nuts loose yet so maybe just put a cheater cup on them for the time being ! Or is there an other short cut for a temporary fix ?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Where or which is the best direction to go to replace the rubber grease cups on the steering linkage ball joints ? Do they make a split cup to place around the shaft without having to take the nut off go thru all that just put tie straps of some kind at top and bottom to hold it in place ? I dont think my back is quite ready to pull on breaking those nuts loose yet so maybe just put a cheater cup on them for the time being ! Or is there an other short cut for a temporary fix ?
Maybe somebody has a trick up their sleeve, but the only way I know of to replace those grease cups is R&R.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe somebody has a trick up their sleeve, but the only way I know of to replace those grease cups is R&R.

Worse case senario just split a black rubber cup and zip tie or wire tie would probly work for now and i might try to crazy glue one in the shop to see if it would glue the split back together to hold more grease pressure in the cup

Last edited:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any grease on cup, glue won't be the answer....and your gonna grease it....could make thin aluminum wire ties.....I agree plastic zip ties would be ok for a field expedient repair.....speaking of which there may be a repair listed for emergency field issues......

Please give that poor back a chance to heal!! Granted don't wanna go yanking on nuts and twisting something!! =)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If any grease on cup, glue won't be the answer....and your gonna grease it....could make thin aluminum wire ties.....I agree plastic zip ties would be ok for a field expedient repair.....speaking of which there may be a repair listed for emergency field issues......

Please give that poor back a chance to heal!! Granted don't wanna go yanking on nuts and twisting something!! =)
LOL ive been babying this back for too long it seems ! Starting to get paranoid that im gona move like this from now on its been 2 months in another week . I sat on a skid steer friday for 5 or 6 hrs grinding down trees clearing an acre of ground and felt pretty good till time to climb in the bed and it reminded me the bread aint baked yet !

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yea i want to buy a sack full of the rubber cups and try to crazy glue them clean to see if they bond and if so i will take the old boots and grease off and clean real good then then glue them on the drag link tie strap them then come back in a few days and put the grease to them .

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL ive been babying this back for too long it seems ! Srarting to get paranoid that im gona move like this from now on its been 2 months in another week . I sat on a skid steer friday for 5 or 6 hrs grinding down trees clearing an acre of ground and felt pretty good till time to climb in the bed and it reminded me the bread aint baked yet !
Mother nature and your own body really don't pay attention to our "wants or ideas"..... just saying.....

Nothing wrong with a physical therapist giving some clues and guidelines......how far to push or NOT push....ya know, simple stuff like that....if ya FUBAR it again, healing time will only be longer. =)

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today made a little progress got the new cups for the steering linkage and YEA it was a fight i got the front one off and replaced and got the nut off the rear but couldnt get 2 jaw puller on the rear one and the the pickle fork didnt help either so when i get another good day to try to steer it maybe the other way to get my puller on there it worked like a charm on the front but im shot for today lol And you will need a 30 mm socket and the cups are the same as the mid80 thru mid 90 s gm pick up trucks so you csn get them localAB8154EF-D869-4351-84B8-95D12B5F9913.jpeg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got pulled over the other night the MAN ask me did i have anything in my pockets he needed to know about ? I said well if you have to know ive got a 30 mm socket in my front pocket with my pistol and he said ok your good to go move along ! So rite there shows you just never know !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks