• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today made a little progress got the new cups for the steering linkage and YEA it was a fight i got the front one off and replaced and got the nut off the rear but couldnt get 2 jaw puller on the rear one and the the pickle fork didnt help either so when i get another good day to try to steer it maybe the other way to get my puller on there it worked like a charm on the front but im shot for today lol And you will need a 30 mm socket and the cups are the same as the mid80 thru mid 90 s gm pick up trucks so you csn get them localView attachment 894431
I have a set of pickle forks however none of them worked, to small, and I had to buy a larger one. I hammered the bigger pickle fork in and then hit the knuckle a bunch of times with a 3 lb. hammer and it popped right off. Easy Peezy lemon squeezy.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of pickle forks however none of them worked, to small, and I had to buy a larger one. I hammered the bigger pickle fork in and then hit the knuckle a bunch of times with a 3 lb. hammer and it popped right off. Easy Peezy lemon squeezy.
YEA YEA YEA ! Back in early january i could lay in the gravel and swing a small sledge NOW i can just lay in the gravel and look at stuff !!!!! Then take 10 minutes to get back on my feet im learning to take EVERYTHING with me before i get under the truck ! This summer if all the tools are still under there i will attempt to bend over and pick them up LMAO ! I saw a 20 dollar bill on the floor in the mexican resturant yday and just kept walkin !!!

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
YEA YEA YEA ! Back in early january i could lay in the gravel and swing a small sledge NOW i can just lay in the gravel and look at stuff !!!!! Then take 10 minutes to get back on my feet im learning to take EVERYTHING with me before i get under the truck ! This summer if all the tools are still under there i will attempt to bend over and pick them up LMAO ! I saw a 20 dollar bill on the floor in the mexican resturant yday and just kept walkin !!!
Crap, damnit, sorry about that, I forgot about the thing,,,
Mind not working that good...o_O

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last year, the guy several doors down was whining about having to buy a 36 mm socket. I asked him if he had beer in the reefer. "Why?" he asked. I told him the same thing. "Doesn't everyone have a 36 mm socket? " He brought two beers. 😂
ONLY TWO?????? gee, thats the "First and the Last" all together
..... shameless

ramdough

Have a link to the ones that fit? Might save me from searching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be what i need to get my big fork is hammer drive and my smaller ones fit my air chisel if i get this i can probly get the joint over the axle to pop loose and put this other boot on ! Did your steering arm have grease fittings mine didnt so i just filled the cup up with red sticky and when the you tighten the nut down the cup pops on and i guess thats all the grease mines going to get !

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That will be what i need to get my big fork is hammer drive and my smaller ones fit my air chisel if i get this i can probly get the joint over the axle to pop loose and put this other boot on ! Did your steering arm have grease fittings mine didnt so i just filled the cup up with red sticky and when the you tighten the nut down the cup pops on and i guess thats all the grease mines going to get !
Yep, no grease zerk on the steering arm. Also just filled the grease cup with grease and installed. When the castle nut was installed it pressed the cup in place and holds the grease in.
In the future I I’ll just loosen the castle nut and lift the edge of the grease cup, squeeze as much of the old grease out and use a needle grease fitting to inject grease into the cup, and retighten the castle nut.
When you compare everything else we do on these trucks, again, easy peezy lemon squeezy.
Tom.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Third From Texas

NOW WHERE YOU GOIN TO MOUNT IT ? Maybe throw empty beer cans and wine bottles in it !
I intended to mount it up front (have it pinned so I could drop out of the way when the cab was raised). Mockup felt like it was not long enough (I think it was like 6' and just didn't look long enough on the front of the LMTV). Now I'm looking at other applications for it (I may have an idea for mounting it on the M1082 trailer). They'd do great on the front of a full-sized pickup.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I intended to mount it up front (have it pinned so I could drop out of the way when the cab was raised). Mockup felt like it was not long enough (I think it was like 6' and just didn't look long enough on the front of the LMTV). Now I'm looking at other applications for it (I may have an idea for mounting it on the M1082 trailer). They'd do great on the front of a full-sized pickup.
Bolted to the front of the bulkhead on the 1082 could hold water or fuel cans

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that. Crazy price, IMO.

I did finally see what my two brush guards I have in storage were supposed to be. They were listed as "side racks" but for some reason I never made the MWRP connection...

View attachment 894670

View attachment 894671
Looks like if yo cut the bottom tube even with the middle tube then weld the cut off to the top tube you could bolt to flat wall like the bulkhead

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks