• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear ya, buddy. I'm sure they would have a great time. It's the time off that I don't have at present. Smoke one for me, while you're there.
I thought i had been to/thru ARAB the other night it came to me that when i was living in Texas as a kid (20 ) I used to have to once in a small while have to go to Guntersville and load fish meal in a grain buggy i drug around the country at the time and my nostrills are still damaged from that smell and it was never less than a 100 degrees when i would have to go out to that barge and the old clam shell would dump that stinking mess all over my trailer and in the trailer and you had to shut off your a/c or it would suck that smell up in it ! OMG old man satan couldnt smell that bad !

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought i had been to/thru ARAB the other night it came to me that when i was living in Texas as a kid (20 ) I used to have to once in a small while have to go to Guntersville and load fish meal in a grain buggy i drug around the country at the time and my nostrills are still damaged from that smell and it was never less than a 100 degrees when i would have to go out to that barge and the old clam shell would dump that stinking mess all over my trailer and in the trailer and you had to shut off your a/c or it would suck that smell up in it ! OMG old man satan couldnt smell that bad !
Yep Guntersville is 20 minutes North of here. Not known for bad smells, but they have a beautiful lake there. My Pawpaw worked with the Army COE to build the dam that made that lake. I'm more of a mountain man.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep Guntersville is 20 minutes North of here. Not known for bad smells, but they have a beautiful lake there. My Pawpaw worked with the Army COE to build the dam that made that lake. I'm more of a mountain man.
Thats funny my grandfather used to build DAMS as well a few in florida i beleave and it was on some lake where i had to go in guntersville to that barge and you just havnt lived to you smell a barge load of dead fish meal thats been in the sun a month at open sea to get to the US oh i could puke rite now ! Bloted corpses smell like cake compared to this stuff we could win wars with this stuff if we just dumped this stuff out of plains they would give up asap !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that's a smell that won't wash off easy
Oh if it got on your cloths or boots just throw them away at the state line you unrolled your tarp at the scales and drove down to the barge and NEVER opened your door or cracked a window or vent with no a/c running and you would sweat your ace off in that truck but it was better than the alternative !

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One interesting thing about Lake Guntersville:
Although it's roughly 300 miles from the nearest beach, there are several ocean-type birds that took up year-round residence there. We see flocks of seagulls, pelicans, and osprey. I suppose the ample amount of fish, and the large size of the lake (67,900 acres of water with 890 miles of shoreline) attracts them. We even have Bald Eagles nesting there.

coachgeo

Thats funny my grandfather used to build DAMS ....
hmmmm ....

you might like this book. Have read part.... it's really good.

PS- apparently we are linked by otherways than MV truck/campers... What a dam interesting koinkidink

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One interesting thing about Lake Guntersville:
Although it's roughly 300 miles from the nearest beach, there are several ocean-type birds that took up year-round residence there. We see flocks of seagulls, pelicans, and osprey. I suppose the ample amount of fish, and the large size of the lake (67,900 acres of water with 890 miles of shoreline) attracts them. We even have Bald Eagles nesting there.
They were probly nested/born on the barges coming in from the oceans

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmmm ....

you might like this book. Have read part.... it's really good.

PS- apparently we are linked by otherways than MV truck/campers... What a dam interesting koinkidink
That does look like an interesting read. Thanks

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So we might be onto a cheaper way to get penetrating oil today my buddy told me if you mix 1 part acetone to 1 part automatic transmission fluid but you have to store it in a airtight dispencer that it was 2 times faster than kano/pb/wd/ on an 1 in bolt to penetrate down the threads and the kano around here is over 20 dollars a can and i do love it im hoping this will work !

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe we can do one on how to support you truck cab with different body parts !
Honestly?? Amazed and grateful you're alive and getting better.....everyone makes mistakes/bad choices, but ........holy smokes( cigar pun intended).....you taught a whole generation of green iron junkies to take safety a bit more seriously.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Honestly?? Amazed and grateful you're alive and getting better.....everyone makes mistakes/bad choices, but ........holy smokes( cigar pun intended).....you taught a whole generation of green iron junkies to take safety a bit more seriously.
LMAO i hope something good came from it to pass along ! I was out there today and i swear i thought i herd it snicker at me when i walked by !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks