• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CHUCKY'S TREE HOUSE !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is was Dave Anderson at Helicool's Helipad did with his spare kneeling cylinders...but maybe you already seen this!?

It begins at 1:15.

Happy watching 😁

Tom.
Yea ive watched about all of his and able as well ! The stroke is so short ive racked my brain for something useful to do with them ! The only thing i kept thinking if you lived in the snow belt you might run some hinged arms underneath to hook to them to maybe make a cheap snow plow and them lift and lower the plow

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As i can only sit upright i mite as well tell yall about my (WAS SURE IT WAS MY LAST DAY ON EARTH STORY ) And my true addiction to make people laugh i share this (REALLY STUPID MOVE ) i made this morning . I woke this morning thinking it will be a good day to piddle with the truck so i started by changing the fuel filter with the heater in it and everything went great ! So i spot the cab latch that decided to start leaking this past weekend while i was painting the engine so lets fix that !

I watch a video on utube on how to fix the leak without paying full attention of some crucial details that i wont forget ever again ! I already had the cab up but not all the way forward but i had the selector turned to the middle postion so it wouldnt leak down !

I get the 1 3/4 socket and ratchet out and get up on the steer tire/frame and finally got the dust cap to brake loose and its coming out hard all the way till BAM its out and the cab is falling much faster than i ever dreamed it could ( like one snap of your fingers its down ) and you mite guess i must have made it out in time cause here i sit telling you about it !

NOPE i couldnt move fast enough it pushed me face down with the left half of my face onto the airlift beam with the cab resting on my skull and back ! So im positive this is it im soon to be dead and i cant budge any weight enough to turn my head so im wearing my bib overalls so i can reach my phone so my right arsm is trapped as well im trying to dial 911 and i drop the phone and at that point i gave up and thought how ironic this green truck is going to be the way i leave this world and not happy with that senario !!!

And all this might have taken 10 seconds tops and i get this flash of the last thing i remember seeing were the neighbors that live to the rear 4 year olds playing in the yard so i start hollering HELP with everything ive got and i cant see anymore at all and i must have yelled for a what seems like 30 seconds and im thinking theres no way if they dial 911 they will ever make it in time when i herd the side neighbors collage age son's voice and i tell him to dial 911 and then i feel some weight start to ease up on my skull but he couldnt move it enough and he lets the weight back down and i blackout i think when i hear another male voice and the 2 of them somehow lift enough weight off my skull to where i pull with my back even if its gona break my neck and it came free and some how i had been forced down to where i had a leg on each side of the p. side steer tire and my back is SCREWED and some girls voice is in my face pulling me while my 2 heros are still trying to keep as much weight off me as possibe and she pulled mr out along with gravity to the gravel i go and i still cant see but im not under the cab and im still alive !

Now all the fire dept /police/ambos are screaming onto the property ! 9 in all im told when my eyes opened ive got every fireman in the county it seems looking at me in disbelief i guess that im alive !lol so the medics start in on me and they are asking me a thousand questions and i just get the feeling that i didnt die and i start laughing and think you green S.O.B. YOU ALMOST GOT ME !

So they finally tell me your forhead has a crack molded into my skin/skull and my ear in pumping blood along with the back of my head where the cab was resting on it so they get me in the ambo and i need stiches but im feeling alright for the most part other than my back being pretty rough but not a 2500 dollar ride to the E.R. rough so after alot of argueing and signing tablets that i refused treatment and i would go to the hospital in my truck with someone else driving so they finally gave up and left and i found some pain killers in the house so ol chucks going to pull thru one way or the other but it might be a few days before i can get out of this office desk chair seems to fit my back at the moment and i get the feeling back in the left side of my face/ cheek/ lip/ and nose cause its going to be hard to whistle at pretty girls like this !

So the moral of this hard learned lesson if your going to be under these cabs have you a good piece of steal to keep it from crushing you like my dumb ass did !

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh....chit!

Glad you are alive, buddy.
Thanks and ive never thought this is it till today i was sure it was all over and im going to get found like this by family or friends and would have to been alot for everyone to see and all i can figure is our skulls must be like an egg from the sides they crush easy but try to crush an egg from the 2 ends and its imposible

Third From Texas

I can't stop thinking about this and how lucky you were.

I have that latch rebuild kit sitting next to the front door and I've been pondering how I was best going to get it done on the M1079 (even with the spare off there's not a ton of room in there). Always scares the crap outta me in there under that cab.

In any event, you owe those 4-y/o neighbor kids a case of beer...

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't stop thinking about this and how lucky you were.

I have that latch rebuild kit sitting next to the front door and I've been pondering how I was best going to get it done on the M1079 (even with the spare off there's not a ton of room in there). Always scares the crap outta me in there under that cab.

In any event, you owe those 4-y/o neighbor kids a case of beer...
Made it to the bed couple hrs ago and a nap but im sure not getting out of it tonight for sure ! Im sure when you rebuild that latch will be to jack the cab all the way over then put a post of some kind in place and you should be fine ! I thought by me putting the valve into the center (park) pos. it wouldnt let the fluid travel out of the lift cylinders (well it doesnt) lol and i had to pass a mirror getting into bed OMG it looks like i had a disagreement with BUFFORD PUSSER that i lost ! Oh and them kids and the 3 that got me out is the only reason im alive now so yea they will want for nothing if i can pull it off ! We all shrug off good safety from time to time and were playing with fire when we do so take the extra time/cost and do it rite !

ramdough

Thank you and no i didnt jack it all the way over (for the last time) i will from now on !
Ahhhh…. The post you mention that was not there until after I posted. I started reading the thread, paused, then sent my response.

I often wonder how long it would take someone to find me when I work on my truck. Everything is so damn heavy.

Thanks for sharing your experience. That will hopefully help someone be safe.

Hope you recover fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
As i can only sit upright i mite as well tell yall about my (WAS SURE IT WAS MY LAST DAY ON EARTH STORY ) And my true addiction to make people laugh i share this (REALLY STUPID MOVE ) i made this morning . I woke this morning thinking it will be a good day to piddle with the truck so i started by changing the fuel filter with the heater in it and everything went great ! So i spot the cab latch that decided to start leaking this past weekend while i was painting the engine so lets fix that !

I watch a video on utube on how to fix the leak without paying full attention of some crucial details that i wont forget ever again ! I already had the cab up but not all the way forward but i had the selector turned to the middle postion so it wouldnt leak down !

I get the 1 3/4 socket and ratchet out and get up on the steer tire/frame and finally got the dust cap to brake loose and its coming out hard all the way till BAM its out and the cab is falling much faster than i ever dreamed it could ( like one snap of your fingers its down ) and you mite guess i must have made it out in time cause here i sit telling you about it !

NOPE i couldnt move fast enough it pushed me face down with the left half of my face onto the airlift beam with the cab resting on my skull and back ! So im positive this is it im soon to be dead and i cant budge any weight enough to turn my head so im wearing my bib overalls so i can reach my phone so my right arsm is trapped as well im trying to dial 911 and i drop the phone and at that point i gave up and thought how ironic this green truck is going to be the way i leave this world and not happy with that senario !!!

And all this might have taken 10 seconds tops and i get this flash of the last thing i remember seeing were the neighbors that live to the rear 4 year olds playing in the yard so i start hollering HELP with everything ive got and i cant see anymore at all and i must have yelled for a what seems like 30 seconds and im thinking theres no way if they dial 911 they will ever make it in time when i herd the side neighbors collage age son's voice and i tell him to dial 911 and then i feel some weight start to ease up on my skull but he couldnt move it enough and he lets the weight back down and i blackout i think when i hear another male voice and the 2 of them somehow lift enough weight off my skull to where i pull with my back even if its gona break my neck and it came free and some how i had been forced down to where i had a leg on each side of the p. side steer tire and my back is SCREWED and some girls voice is in my face pulling me while my 2 heros are still trying to keep as much weight off me as possibe and she pulled mr out along with gravity to the gravel i go and i still cant see but im not under the cab and im still alive !

Now all the fire dept /police/ambos are screaming onto the property ! 9 in all im told when my eyes opened ive got every fireman in the county it seems looking at me in disbelief i guess that im alive !lol so the medics start in on me and they are asking me a thousand questions and i just get the feeling that i didnt die and i start laughing and think you green S.O.B. YOU ALMOST GOT ME !

So they finally tell me your forhead has a crack molded into my skin/skull and my ear in pumping blood along with the back of my head where the cab was resting on it so they get me in the ambo and i need stiches but im feeling alright for the most part other than my back being pretty rough but not a 2500 dollar ride to the E.R. rough so after alot of argueing and signing tablets that i refused treatment and i would go to the hospital in my truck with someone else driving so they finally gave up and left and i found some pain killers in the house so ol chucks going to pull thru one way or the other but it might be a few days before i can get out of this office desk chair seems to fit my back at the moment and i get the feeling back in the left side of my face/ cheek/ lip/ and nose cause its going to be hard to whistle at pretty girls like this !

So the moral of this hard learned lesson if your going to be under these cabs have you a good piece of steal to keep it from crushing you like my dumb ass did !
Glad to hear that you survived your ordeal!

coachgeo

ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... sooooooo that was YOU.. read about it on facebook. Glad your ok.

for others safety..... there is an OVER lean / tip past point, on our truck's cab. There is a pocket the cab lift ram is suppose to slip into to make the cab unable to come back down if pressure is lost from ram. These can gum up and never get into the pocket..... orrrrr... they get stuck there and wont come back down. PLEASEEEEE please please.... check this on your truck. Thank Chucky for the motivation to do so.

Seee Chucky.... you are a life saver after all ;)

I won't say glad your "OK" cause none of us are actually "OK" in the first place LOL.

Seriously dude.... glad it did not end up way worse..... Hug your family.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... sooooooo that was YOU.. read about it on facebook. Glad your ok.

for others safety..... there is an OVER lean / tip past point, on our truck's cab. There is a pocket the cab lift ram is suppose to slip into to make the cab unable to come back down if pressure is lost from ram. These can gum up and never get into the pocket..... orrrrr... they get stuck there and wont come back down. PLEASEEEEE please please.... check this on your truck. Thank Chucky for the motivation to do so.

Seee Chucky.... you are a life saver after all ;)

I won't say glad your "OK" cause none of us are actually "OK" in the first place LOL.

Seriously dude.... glad it did not end up way worse..... Hug your family.
FACEBOOK? IF YOU WOULD SEND ME A LINK PLEASE ! And yea see the lengths i will go to teach safety to my brothers of the green and tan lol im like super dave if you remember that guy years ago getting beat to hell all the time !

Guyfang

Staff member
You knuckle head!

Now, I WILL go get two LOTO cards in the morning. I have never played LOTO in my life. But will this one time. And if the cards are duds, You are in trouble.

I have been in the same situation, and all I could think about, was how stupid I will feel, (dead) when they find my body, just because I did not follow the safety rules. And every time I look in the mirror, that cute little scar on the side of my face reminds me I am not near as smart as I think I am. Now you got a story to tell all those under age girls about, and they will swarm all around you. I can see it now...................................

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks