• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clinto No Longer Broke Down,Thanks for the Help

Matt1970M35A

Im posting this for Clinto.
His trailer hub has locked up and he needs to fix it on site or load his trailer on a trailer and haul it all home.
he is around sparta ky and Vevay In.
He is heading to Ohio

Last edited by a moderator:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i hope someone comes to the rescue for old clintoooo.. i know the feeling broken down with no help in site or a hundred miles

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dual axle car hauler with 3500 5 lug axles. Outer bearing failed and hub/spindle and probably drum ruined.

Need to find a way to get it off the shoulder and get it fixed.

Trailer is loaded with gear.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
He has a tandem car hauler. It is loaded with heavy stuff from GL. I spoke with dorkfarmall, he is calling a buddy. Will advise when I hear something.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're not loaded too heavy, you can chain up the affected spindle and limp to a better location.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you're not loaded too heavy, you can chain up the affected spindle and limp to a better location.

I can't chain up one axle. It has so much weight it'll never make it back to Atlanta.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure there are places closer but when TM America broke down close to me we went to a trailer sales place and got the parts to fix it.

If need be I can check to see if there open in the morning.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So we've made it to a motel at exit 44 on I 71 south. We're getting a room for the evening as we don't have a spare axle so there's nothing we can do this evening. Docfarmall apparently has a local friend who is going to try and help us tomorrow morning.

Will update in the morning

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are lucky you got a room because of the NASCAR race up the road from you. I stopped at KFC at that exit today. :)

Get us some idea what kind of part numbers you are looking for.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You are lucky you got a room because of the NASCAR race up the road from you. I stopped at KFC at that exit today. :)

Get us some idea what kind of part numbers you are looking for.
I don't really know yet. I don't really have the tools with me to either pull the hub or swap the axle.

At a minimum, I'd say the spindle and hub, possibly drum. Obviously bearings, races and seals.

I do not know if the spindle is separate on this unit or if I'll have to swap the entire axle.

cbear

If you are still coming north, these guys might be able to fix it. The do pickups up to 18 wheelers. I don't know if they are open tomorrow, and I don't know if you can make it that far or not.
[h=1]Brighton Truck Service (859) 485-7911
40 Precision Dr

Walton, KY 41094-7464
[/h]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sucks to hear this Clinto but you are pretty close to resources and great people. I've always loved that stretch of I-71. As far as the trailer, a spindle will likely be a weld on. Might be most expedient to do like Ferro and Portajohn did, get bearings and maybe a hub and grind the spindle into submission just to get you home. Where in OH are you headed?
Edit: you have 3 things going for you here. 1st there is a Waffle House right there. 2nd is that there is a super Walmart right up the road and 3rd, there is an O'REILLY auto parts house across the river and to your left on 42. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

TMNT

Boy, a lot happened since I went to bed last night! Clinto, sorry to hear of the troubles on the road. I'm in Florida this weekend and much too far away to be of any help.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get safely back on the road today.