• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clinto No Longer Broke Down,Thanks for the Help

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing much to offer but if there is a Tractor Supply around they "typically" have complete axle assemblies available in stock.
Great point. There is a Tractor Supplly in LaGrange KY exit 22 off I-71.

There is one in Madison IN too thats a little closer.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If we got a bunch of stuff out of it could you limp it up to Cincinnati? I can bring down my Dodge and empty 101.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If we got a bunch of stuff out of it could you limp it up to Cincinnati? I can bring down my Dodge and empty 101.
The outer bearing is gone and I can't inspect the spindle for usability due to the nut being welded on to the shaft. Even with a hammer and chisel I couldn't get it to budge.

Right now we're considering our options.

Unfortunately, the only thing that seems safe (least "gamble" ) is renting a cube van, transferring everything from the trailer to the truck and driving the trailer home on one axle.

The every day we spend out here trying to cheap our way out is keeping us in expensive hotel rooms and away from paying clients at home.

I'm afraid if I burn 1/2 or 3/4 of a day trying to obtain the tools and parts to repair the trailer that if I can't pull it off, I'd have been better off just getting a truck and rolling towards ATL.

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know the feeling. Thank god I had Adam with me, and some help from my SS brothers, we repaired the M105, and got it home.

Clinto has several options-If he can't easily repair the trailer, I am sure Adam and I can make a dash north with a pickup truck, and take the load off the trl, then chain up the axle, and limp the empty trailer home. I have all day off Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the nut is welded to the axle, I will bet my bottom dollar that the axle is toast.

Can you find someplace to stash the the trailer for 5 days? Then you could mount a rescue, and prolly save some money on renting a Uhaul.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If the nut is welded to the axle, I will bet my bottom dollar that the axle is toast.

Can you find someplace to stash the the trailer for 5 days? Then you could mount a rescue, and prolly save some money on renting a Uhaul.
The trailer is totally deadlined unless it's empty and I can drive it home empty on one axle.

I can't stash it because it would be empty when I returned.

Attachments

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Let me know if I can come down and help. Nothing planned for today.
Keep your phone handy and any friends who like unloading trailers. Clintogf is looking for a truck.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about renting a U-Haul car trailer one way, back the busted trailer on and head home, sure would be faster then renting a truck, transferring the trailer load and also should be cheaper.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What about renting a U-Haul car trailer one way, back the busted trailer on and head home, sure would be faster then renting a truck, transferring the trailer load and also should be cheaper.
We considered that but the weight and height of our load, in conjunction with how wide our trailer is nixed that idea.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I thought about that one too Ron.

Like Gimpy I can come down, just say the word. I'll just be mowing...... :-(

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wish I could help, I have a trailer that could fit most of that inside without unloading it... but I'm too far away. Ryder does have 24' with life gates for "local" use (or at least did when I worked for them). They don't know if it stays local or not as long as it doesn't break.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I thought about that one too Ron.

Like Gimpy I can come down, just say the word. I'll just be mowing...... :-(
Dawns looking for the truck now. It's tough on a Sunday.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just trying to give you some options. I called Adam, and he knows of your troubles. If he or I can help, give us a call.