• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clinto No Longer Broke Down,Thanks for the Help

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get a trailer from my Brother to put everything on if we need it. We could always bring it all here.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Seems as if they found a Uhaul. I will be going down to help load from trailer to box truck. Any help is welcome! Call my cell.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Seems as if they found a Uhaul. I will be going down to help load from trailer to box truck. Any help is welcome! Call my cell.
Yes, thank you.

We're unhitched from the trailer and it has 2 locks in it. Hopefully it will still be here when we get back.

Any assistance in the bucket brigade will be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with volunteer positions and Heineken at the ssgr.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
At uhaul in Louisville picking up. Be back on our way back in about 15.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Gimp, can you run by 2002fords place and get some parts for me and drop them off with Clinto? I guarantee that by the time you arrive, there won't be much left to move! LOL (Humor for those that don't habla)

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear of your troubles. I passed through there about 4pm yesterday. I definitely would have stuck around to help out. Good luck on the rest of your trip!

goldneagle

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Just curious as to cause of the meltdown. Was it overloading the trailer or lack of maintenance or a 3rd reason? I remember something similar with AMGenerals and Ferro's trailer breaking down due to overloading. I have a car hauler here and want to make sure it will not happen to me.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We will probably be standing by for a while here. I imagine that Gimp, Clinto, Clintogf and whoever else they got to help are puckerhole deep to a tall Indian in moving inventory. Good thing they are not here. 95° squared.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp called and told me I could stay home, Dave was going with him for bucket brigade duty. I mowed until the lightning got too bad and it poured on me.

I think the rain came from Louisville so they may be wet moving stuff.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Trailer empty, dead axle off the ground, uhaul full and heading towards Louisville.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK, we have made it back to our room in Louisville with the 3wheel trailer and our newest addition to the family, ginormous Uhaul van.

Trailer bearings did fine on the way back, plenty cool.

We just took a shower and are going to have some spaghetti and crash. We'll get up early tomorrow to go home.

Much thanks to everyone, but especially Chris and Dave. Without them, we'd have been sunk and that's no joke.

1crook

I second what Clinto said, Chris and Dave really helped us out on getting the cargo unloaded and the trailer secured. Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks to all of the others that offered assistance and info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks