• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

!CLOSED! Cab Mount Group Buy. NEW OEM FMTV LMTV M1078, M1079, etc

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Production is supposed to be underway or in the queue. They require 50% payment to begin production and that bill was paid on Aug 5th. I am waiting for word that they are ready to ship and ask for the rest of their money. They are in New York and I'm in Oregon..... I don't have an exact ETA. I was never given one other than "6 to 8 weeks" once we sorted out the design and drawings - that was probably completed about a week after my first post.

More than 50 sets were ordered so I can ensure that all those interested get what they need since I had some fears of mis-understanding regarding the A0/A1 and A1R requirements and how many sets each member would need. Right now those additional sets are considered excess for fulfilment (cases of mistakes, lost in shipping/insurance claims, etc). Once everyone is confirmed received their mounts I will list any excess.

Last edited:

INFChief

Production is supposed to be underway or in the queue. They require 50% payment to begin production and that bill was paid on Aug 5th. I am waiting for word that they are ready to ship and ask for the rest of their money. They are in New York and I'm in Oregon..... I don't have an exact ETA. I was never given one other than "6 to 8 weeks" once we sorted out the design and drawings - that was probably completed about a week after my first post.

More than 50 sets were ordered so I can ensure that all those interested get what they need since I had some fears of mis-understanding regarding the A0/A1 and A1R requirements and how many sets each member would need. Right now those additional sets are considered excess for fulfilment (cases of mistakes, lost in shipping/insurance claims, etc). Once everyone is confirmed received their mounts I will list any excess.
When do you want payment? How do you want us to send the money? And, thank you!!!

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Please put me in line for any left overs...A0 M1078. Thanks

ramdough

Any updates on production/delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If they haven't actually made them yet, is there a chance to add more and grab a few more orders from those of us that missed this??

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Additional sets were ordered and I presume some will also remain unclaimed one shipping commences. I haven't heard back from my email requesting an updated ETA as of yet. I have paid 50% of the production costs and the other 50% is due upon completion but that has yet to occur,

As with most military vehicle parts - patience is key. Nothing moves quickly in this arena.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called my supplier and the mounts are scheduled to ship out on November 14th. They said all production has been delayed due to supply chain backups and raw material shortages. So the original estimate of 4-6 weeks turned into 16 weeks. Such is the way of the world these days.

And yes there is a high likelihood there will be plenty for some additional orders. I ordered 50% more than was spoken for to ensure there would be enough to cover mistakes made on order quantities, shipping blunders, and maybe a few left over for eBay and a bit of profit for my investment.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called my supplier and the mounts are scheduled to ship out on November 14th. They said all production has been delayed due to supply chain backups and raw material shortages. So the original estimate of 4-6 weeks turned into 16 weeks. Such is the way of the world these days.

And yes there is a high likelihood there will be plenty for some additional orders. I ordered 50% more than was spoken for to ensure there would be enough to cover mistakes made on order quantities, shipping blunders, and maybe a few left over for eBay and a bit of profit for my investment.
Are you going to have any of the replacement metal sleeves made? Mine were almost completely rusted through.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you going to have any of the replacement metal sleeves made? Mine were almost completely rusted through.
No. You can likely purchase tubing of the appropriate size or if absolutely necessary these can be turned out on any lathe in short order.

Vulcanized rubber requires equipment generally far beyond that found in the average shop and that's what this group buy is here to address. If you need sleeves you should measure and order appropriate tubing to cut-to-length for the application or befriend someone with a lathe that can turn some out for you.

Mavcaster

Please keep me in mind if there are any extra sets! Just got my 1088A1 home and noticed these were crumbling. It’s awesome you were able to do this!

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will do. The office lady I spoke with said the 14th :rolleyes:

I'll check with them next week and see if there's an updated ETA to ship. Sadly the delays are out of my hands and probably mostly out of their hands too with raw material availability and supply chain backups, etc. I'm confident we will get them - if not I want my 50% deposit back!

Ryan31783

Will do. The office lady I spoke with said the 14th :rolleyes:

I'll check with them next week and see if there's an updated ETA to ship. Sadly the delays are out of my hands and probably mostly out of their hands too with raw material availability and supply chain backups, etc. I'm confident we will get them - if not I want my 50% deposit back!
Do you have any update?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks