• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coca-Cola 600 2014 **Business**

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be there with the M814, but I am concerned about the dripping oil part. While it is not a big drip, I have some off the diffs, like a drip every two days when I use the truck. The front boots also drip, about the same rate. Can we put paper down? The M814 is also not "pretty" It still has the original paint from 1973, and some rust splotches where the paint has peeled off.

Please advise

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
John I have not seen one that does not drip even the military will have drip pans with them.
I would think the problem would be if your leaking you would not be allowed on track to do the lap .
Just my thoughts

Butch speak up let us know.

bchauvette

There is no such thing as a Not Pretty" M814:smile:. We will be taking a lap around the track just before the race. Maybe some catch pans after the lap while we are staged at pit row if actually needed. Maybe a mop up just before the lap. The M944 shows some dampness around the diff fill plugs. . I'm going to pressure wash the area just before I leave.But probably an overkill on my part to give you an idea. We did have some trucks in the past that where long in the tooth sort to speak that wern't rejected. The M944 paint is not perfect either, adds character. What about the M37? We've been trailer-ing the grandpa vehicles.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I am in. I have a S250 shelter in a M105 trailer that will sleep two, and is self contained. Looks pretty good behind the M814.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good a m814 4, 5 tons a m944 and see maybe a couple m37s Andy's deuce surely someone has a wrecker that could attend in NC

Not sure what all I will have tagged/insured at that time, but what about a M920 with a deuce bed on it and 53" tires? It may have a sleeper cab on it by then too. Not historically accurate but it is a big military vehicle.

I have a wrecker truck, but it won't be tagged as I do not want to pay those fees for a weighted tag to cover 35k lbs...

bchauvette

Not sure what all I will have tagged/insured at that time, but what about a M920 with a deuce bed on it and 53" tires? It may have a sleeper cab on it by then too. Not historically accurate but it is a big military vehicle.

I have a wrecker truck, but it won't be tagged as I do not want to pay those fees for a weighted tag to cover 35k lbs...
You are breaking my heart :-(..... Unfortunately it sounds like your M920 wouldn't be a good fit.

Now lets talk about the M936 :) When I recover vehicles I get a temporary/transport tag for very little. All I needed was the title or SF97 and proof of insurance. Usually good for ten days. Not sure of the limitations and restrictions and I'm sure it varies state to state. I'm wondering if there is anything such as short term or temporary insurance. Your insurance agent might go the extra mile in looking into this if you mention your looking to do a veterans appreciation event.

andy3

I have a Sister & Brother-in-law team with their 2 teenagers that could drive just about anything if we end up with extra vehicle. They will be in UpState SC with me the day before at a family event.

bchauvette

We passed our 10 vehicle minimum when 3 Hummers joined in. The next drop dead date is getting a head count so the track can issue the passes. don't know that date yet. Please respond to the PM'd application to get that head count.

We are 95% confirmed to be able stage at the Carolina Mall the night before and the night of. The contact said management just need to work out the details. The Mall is exactly 9 miles from the track.

Poo-Poo is expensive $170.00 for a port-a-potty+ $10.00 for a sanitizing station for 1 to 10 days. Number of potties will be determined by how many people.

I have a friend that can print banners (for a price). What do you think? Steel Soldiers banners at the mall and on the M944 would be nice.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK here is list as far as I can tell speak up if I missed anyone.

3. Hummers owners unknown at this time
2 Trucks unknown at post. CBR metalworks
1. M944. Bchavette
1 See mog Bchavette
1 m35. Andy
1 m37. Ferro
1 m923 . Andy
1 m923. Kenm35
1 m814. Emd567
1 m105 trailer. Emd567
1 s250 shelter. Emd567
1m923. Wheelspinner