• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Columbus, Georgia Veterans Parade

Srjeeper

:beer::beer:
Here's the list:

Atomic
EMD
Ferro
Craig
Sandcobra
MDmorgan and Wife
Walkerhunter
Zout and Zout 2

Remember please...if I forgot you or if I misunderstood and you can't make it, let me know ASAP!!

Why don't I see 'Tinkerbell's" name on that list.....ya got something aganist pigs????? :whistle:

She did good on the 50 cal...... :jumpin:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know I will be there--- Even if I have to drag Ferro's sorry butt with me........0700, 318 10th Ave, Columbus OH.... oops, GA.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PB, I WILL BE THERE, either coming down with Dave or Swiss, but I will be there

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
This post is to confirm that Mahala and I will be there. I just confirmed with a friend of mine (amaverick88 on SS) that he would like to be a driver for you, he owns a deuce.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Sounds Great, do ya have any pics? I googled Ugly Ranger Guntruck but it came back with a whole bunch of different trucks. I've really got to learn some more history.

sandcobra164

Ok, a little more research on "Ugly Ranger", in more proper terms, The Honorable Lt. Ralph Fuller. My goodness, what an Honor to be considered to drive a truck for him. Lam Son 719 is a heck of a thread to read and I certainly feel honored that ya'll would allow me to drive anything associated with LT. Atomic and I will be there, I posted in an earlier thread that I was sorry for your's and the GT Associations loss. I met a few of the original crew of Proud, most notably in my mind being Calvin Bennett and I know that's why that white mark is still on the bumper as he said "it's combat damage!!!"

Seriously though, Thanks for the Consideration, I'll be there!!! I'll make sure not to scratch this one!!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ok, a little more research on "Ugly Ranger", in more proper terms, The Honorable Lt. Ralph Fuller. My goodness, what an Honor to be considered to drive a truck for him. Lam Son 719 is a heck of a thread to read and I certainly feel honored that ya'll would allow me to drive anything associated with LT. Atomic and I will be there, I posted in an earlier thread that I was sorry for your's and the GT Associations loss. I met a few of the original crew of Proud, most notably in my mind being Calvin Bennett and I know that's why that white mark is still on the bumper as he said "it's combat damage!!!"
Seriously though, Thanks for the Consideration, I'll be there!!! I'll make sure not to scratch this one!!!
Well Sandcobra...you know some of the history of the Guntrucks and you know how we all felt about "The LT"...

In the Pic below, The LT is seated...he was so weak he should not have been there...but he was...last year at the Veterans Parade...He didn't know the words "Stand Down" until God relieved him of duty this Feburary...so yes...Troy re-named the old Proud American "Ugly Ranger" in honor of the "LT".

Immediately behind "LT" is Calvin...He was on Satan's Lil Angel with "Red" when she was put down in an ambush and "Red" was sent home missing some key body parts but is still alive and well in Texas.
Calvin and Thorne build Proud American out of what they saved from SLA and went back to work.

Next to Calvin is "Red". He was shot/blown to bloody ribbons but stayed on that 50 til Calvin dragged him out...they can tell that story.

Then next to "Red" is Danny...he was on King Kong...an APC Guntruck and was the first to show up and enter the fight when Proud American fell.
Again...that story is best told by those who were there. And they got the job done!!

Should you be Proud to drive that truck?? I'd say so...

Then again...let me just say that I am Proud of you Sandcobra and all the other Veterans of the current war and consider you all Brothers.

I want to thank all of you in advance for volunteering your time and effort to come such a long way to help us honor/represent the Veterans of ALL eras.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Yesterday while Doc and I were out "DUKW" hunting, Troy and the rest of the Crew did some vehicle prep for the parade..

Looks like "SOMEONE" gets to drive a freshly painted M151A2 Navy jeep!:tinkerbell::tinkerbell::tinkerbell::tinkerbell::tinkerbell:
The paint was still wet when the pics were taken so she's kinda glossy.:shock:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks