• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Congrats to new FMTV Civi Owner

Green_gator

I was watching that truck a bit along with the very nice welding trailer up in Alaska. A wee bit far for a recovery but the box looked pristine and you could do a lot of different things with the set up. I hope that who ever got the FMTV restores it well and gets it out into public.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was watching that truck a bit along with the very nice welding trailer up in Alaska. A wee bit far for a recovery but the box looked pristine and you could do a lot of different things with the set up. I hope that who ever got the FMTV restores it well and gets it out into public.
That welding trailer (and it's contents) looked spectacular!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Didn't the first M35A3 released go for $40k+? I was thinking it was some crazy number. Then they were in the 20's, then teens, and now under 8 grand. If they end up releasing more FMTV's, then they should trend down in price as well. I'll wait until they get under $10k. :)

Jarek M

It would make a perfect expedition vehicle platform. just got to wait for couple years.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still this hobby is cheap compared to other motor vehicle hobbies. There are muscle cars that need full resto worth well over 40k. The ammount we pay for a good running deuce or 5 ton wouldn't buy you a period corect set of tires and wheels on some cars.

This hobby is CHEAP even at it's highest levels.

niferous

Still this hobby is cheap compared to other motor vehicle hobbies. There are muscle cars that need full resto worth well over 40k. The ammount we pay for a good running deuce or 5 ton wouldn't buy you a period corect set of tires and wheels on some cars.

This hobby is CHEAP even at it's highest levels.
I totally agree with this statement. My girlfriend gets mad at me when I talk about wanting a m1008, M1031, a couple of deuces, a HEMTT, a deuce and a half wrecker, anoher M1009, some 5-tons, one of these LMTVs when they come out, and a military cargo aircraft. I mean what's the big deal!? They're cheap! :lol:

dk8019

I would say Stalwart, a nice wwII era tanks sells for what, say at least $250K?

What amazed me is that the FMTV went for only $25k or so less than the HEMTT you bought, which might have well been the deal of the century!

Heavysteven

Well I am glab to see FMTV's hitting the auctions. A sign of things to come? I question wether I have the ability to mantain an FMTV. Hopefully I can find out in the next coming years.

Off the subject, really wish they would release the hmvees next.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
HMMWV's will never be released again. After the USMC/UD "auction", that loophole got closed.
Do you think that decision will ever be revisited?, now that the H1 is no longer being produced?, Isn't Hummer itself as a brand on its way out?

sandcobra164

I will just say that from what I've seen, this group tends to dislike the FMTV, yet when one get's sold to the public, there's interest in owning one. Sure, there are some things about the Deuce to love like being able to complete the mission after a breakdown with some bailing wire and duct tape. The FMTV however is a pretty capable truck save for the weak cab lifting system that tends to fail after armor is installed. The electronics can also be a little sketchy from what I've seen of them when I was on Active Duty. The new Guard trucks are a little different so they've apparently engineered some of the quirks out of the electrics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks