• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranked the injection pump up, engine ran away on startup...

U1100L

If I say anything else no one knows what I'm talking about. I call the air to air charge the aftercooler but some people call that the intercooler. OK The bearing oil seal on the inside of the turbo. Subject up for debate, seen them labeled both ways in manuals...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We're talking about a 6.5 diesel. There's no intercooler/aftercooler, just straight from the turbo into the intake. Nor would an intercooler ever have oil. The oil seal can fail in a turbo and introduce oil into the intake path leading to a runaway. But there's no oil at all in an intercooler.

nyoffroad

We're talking about a 6.5 diesel. There's no intercooler/aftercooler, just straight from the turbo into the intake. Nor would an intercooler ever have oil. The oil seal can fail in a turbo and introduce oil into the intake path leading to a runaway. But there's no oil at all in an intercooler.
well then maybe it's the afterburner??:grin: I know a leaky seal can keep the engine running but to take off and max out the RPM's just that quick? I'd have to check and see if it even had a seal!
I've gotten pretty stupid with 6.2s in the past and I've never.... lets just say they've held up VERY well, doubt you did any damage but keep us updated

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks