• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cranked the injection pump up, engine ran away on startup...

ajsmith184

Just finished my 6.5 turbo add on...I did the whole "touch the wires to the injection pump and listen for clicks" twice and it clicked both times....Started it up and it ran straight to redline :cry:aua

To say it scared the **** out of me is an understatement...I immediately grabbed a rag and stuffed it into the turbo to drown it out....Whole thing lasted maybe 10 seconds...

Im done for the night...Disassemble the injection pump and check tomorrow..But with it clicking before this time, I dont even know what to look for?

I hope I didnt hurt the engine aua

Was a tad loud with open manifolds too..Will go and apologize to the neighbors in the AM for any possible Thanksgiving day racked at 730pm lol

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get any video?

ajsmith184

I dont know...Yes Im pretty sure that is the shut off valve clicking. I checked, its not now..maybe (hope) the linkage bound up. Will disassemble and do over. Ive heard of other diesels sucking oil through the turbo, dunno about these though? Why i asked here :)

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So just how much did you "turn it up"? You should have only needed 1/16-1/8 a turn without gauges. 1/4 to 3/8 if you have gauges and drive by them.

ajsmith184

1/4 turn for a turbo, have guages.

I just took the top off again, reinstalled..Touched the pink wire..No click. I dont know where to go with this?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get video for the next startup!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure you're gonna get banned, if you didn't take video!

ajsmith184

So no damage? I hope?
Well, now Im not so sure.

Initially in the mindset of ready to smother it again and it starting so well, I shut it off. Played around and got the boost guage in etc

Just started it again....And noticed the coolant/engine oil light is on. Immediately shut it down..I went and checked the ground by the coolant sensor, seemed good..Started it again and only the engine oil light on now.

Im hoping when running the oil line I bumped/messed up a ground..I am getting into the TMs right now...I sure hope nothing internal is going on.

Any other car Ive seen the dummy light coming on is almost too late...I cant hear any knocking, noise, or anything else that would indicate low oil pressure..Fingers crossed its a sending unit or wiring issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks