• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV 01 finaly made it to hamburg germany

Nico

hi wheelspinner! unforunatly this is not od. it is tan but the color fits pretty good to the brown carc parts.
manufacure softopper in colorado
brought it home after my us vacation trip in 2011. it is a lot of fun to use it in the summer time. it is not leaky as the orig. hard top also!

IMG_6265.jpg

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sieht klasse aus.
Vielleicht sieht man sich ja mal.
Ich bin hier der neue aus Pinneberg...
Wünsche unfallfreie Fahrt.
Your first post.........i think it's disrespectful, rude and no one knows who you are. I am also German and my English is not the best but I'm doing my best.
Maybe you think about it. ;-)

Assel

germans unite in speaking english!.. great story about your CUCV nico, I think we all want to hear more :p (Driving mine for 1.5yrs regulary now, but not as many issues as yours (but some reapairs & fixes were necessary aswell)

Nico

hi nashbridges.
we have had some nice meetings in south east hamburg.
up to 5 members from hamburg.
(and some guys from the rhine river area)
it is a little quiet in the north the last time.
one got to sell his O`9 the other one moved away and so on.
use the usmvp.com page if you like to join for the next rally.
hope to see assel, cantos and german m1009 too.

@assel: thx 4 the comment. i am glad the CUCV is running without problems the last time.
the new hydrobooster is leaking right now and i still do not know why the gen2 light is out of order.
always something to do ;-)
IMG_3081.jpg

Cantos

Hey nico, don't worry about the NEW heydroboost, my new part was working for 6months.... Now it is replaced by an old one.
I hope to see you guys too .......

Assel

one cant simply get bored owning a CUCV.... lol

I´d like to see some other 09s and 08s aswell... once met a guy with a M1008 , talked a bit and I once saw a K5 (in Camo, without Brushguard or shakles, so I dont know if its a true US-Army Vehicle)

we should really do some sort of CUCV-camping/meeting ...but I dunno, I live down south (near Swiss/Austrian Border...Black Forest)

Nico

Thank you for the helping words cantos ;-)
we will have the
"schraubertag" near koblenz in april
"usmvp camp" andernach in july
"northern trail" near hamburg in october (my baby! we stay in the dorfkrug pub of büttenwarder)
and maybe the "schmittenhöhe" koblenz in september.
if it has no shakles, no blackout drive light, no bushguard, no mlc sign, no nato 24v system etc. you are not allowed to talk to that guy ;-)
cu
08111.jpg

Assel

haha..what about selfmade camo? ..bought it with rattle can paint, repainted with rattle cans again... lol ..maybe if everything is done it gets repainted by a shop in original camo pattern... but for now, passing next TÜV inspection is the major goal.

DSC_0311.jpg

Nico

Both molto importante i would say;-) good luck for the TÜV. (Automobile safety Dept.) that is always something annoying.
do you try to get the oldtimer status? So You can reinstall the windows and the rear seat bench!
If you Need some help for the paintjob, just ask.

Cantos

TÜV is in January, I hope the best for you inspection.
Shakles- check (civil 8t model)
Bushguard-check
Blackout-check
MLC-check (moificatet, they show my birthyear)
24Volts-check

My m1009 needs a paintjob, there is some rust at the hood, doors bumpers etc.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 08 has also TÜV in january.
Oldtimer status.... hopefully in juli.
Paint Job time is always ( rust never sleeps ).
The big benefit from an CUCV....they dont must shine like a new truck.

Assel

do you try to get the oldtimer status? So You can reinstall the windows and the rear seat bench!
Im not planning on cutting the wall which is welded in out again. But I plan on adding a window to it...like the m1008 or k30...still not sure if the wall is thick enough for such a thing. Also it will stay registered as truck, almost same taxe as historic but no restrictions...here they wont let you pass with a modern radio in it...since I live rural and hate cities there is no reason to be legal in "feinstaubplaketten" zones...

Cantos

Hey, I've got a sliding window and I don't need it anymore. It is incl gasket. Are you interested?
Give me a @ for pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks